Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

1 minute ago, Chris Custodiet said:

Whether KA was legally or morally justified in taking fees in 2018 is entirely different to McGuire's (vexatious) insinuation that the  was the reason the accounts had not been filed.

In fact when KA 'took' a fee in 2017, not only was it disclosed in the accounts, he called a shareholders AGM where he might well have been asked to explain it. It was one of the most obvious questions and he must have expected it but no-one asked it.

One of the more interesting questions at the AGM was the position on the Middlebrook Master Plan. KA said there were four parties involved but no progress had been made. The only party he mentioned was the Council but two others would be the club and PBP. The fourth? Probably Emerson, I would have thought.

As for the morality of how much 'football people' take out of football we could talk about Lineker G, Taylor J, Allardyce S and Amos B to merely scratch the surface.

Amos was offered a contract and accepted it. Are you comparing king ken to him?

7 minutes ago, tomski said:

I suspect Al has a bit of agenda on us at the moment. Whether he is fed up with the abuse he gets or the fudson account he seems to say everyone is leaving and football violence have no money a lot since the fudson account.

Wjat I don’t understand is what he gets out of being the Bolton sun reporter if you like?

What I'd say is that whilst others have said a few times "deal will complete this week" Nixon has always said "No chance its nowhere near" and thus far on that specific point he's been right. The details he's clearly wrong on but on it being close to completion so far whether by luck or not he's been right. 

• Members
8 minutes ago, tomski said:

I suspect Al has a bit of agenda on us at the moment. Whether he is fed up with the abuse he gets or the fudson account he seems to say everyone is leaving and football violence have no money a lot since the fudson account.

Wjat I don’t understand is what he gets out of being the Bolton sun reporter if you like?

There's a hell of a typo in that post.

This is the first time I'm starting to get properly twitchy. A week and a half to go - and about 3 or 4 false dawns. And no real sign that everything is suddenly going to snap into place in time. 

Sure we're being told its imminent but as Dearden said on Radio Manchester - the press have been told "happening this week" 3 times before....feels like too many parts and if the hotel deal is genuinely not that close I'm unsure as to how it can get done. 

I cannot see us being liquidated but wouldn't surprise me if somehow the league just decided to force us to play a season with our under 18s getting battered or less likely but you never know something more drastic and we were automatically demoted to league two and did not even compete this season. I don't know. It feels like the situation is not in the hands of people who really care that much about a football club. 

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

This is the first time I'm starting to get properly twitchy. A week and a half to go - and about 3 or 4 false dawns. And no real sign that everything is suddenly going to snap into place in time. 

Sure we're being told its imminent but as Dearden said on Radio Manchester - the press have been told "happening this week" 3 times before....feels like too many parts and if the hotel deal is genuinely not that close I'm unsure as to how it can get done. 

I cannot see us being liquidated but wouldn't surprise me if somehow the league just decided to force us to play a season with our under 18s getting battered or less likely but you never know something more drastic and we were automatically demoted to league two and did not even compete this season. I don't know. It feels like the situation is not in the hands of people who really care that much about a football club. 

"play a season with our under 18s" - would never happen due to EFL integrity

"automatically demoted to league two" - a possibility, but dont see what purpose it would serve.

EFL in a very unusial and difficult position (as are we)

Just now, Ratwhite said:

"play a season with our under 18s" - would never happen due to EFL integrity

"automatically demoted to league two" - a possibility, but dont see what purpose it would serve.

EFL in a very unusial and difficult position (as are we)

Yeah the first point is an issue. What I meant was if EFL determined we couldn't start the season because of uncertainty over ability to partake in all fixtures - they could either demand we register our kids - or do something unprecedented such as ruling we cannot partake this season and start in league two. 

Their problem is clear - they will not want us to start if there is a risk we might not finish (or even start). And equally I cannot see the EFL wanting to end the football club. But short of that their options are limited.

They could advance the administrators the first payment to allow them to run us into the season - but their concern with that must be there is no guarantee that is enough nor is there a guarantee that after that money runs out the admin will complete.....

46 minutes ago, tomski said:

Amos was offered a contract and accepted it. Are you comparing king ken to him?

Amos had a pre-existing contract that the club could not afford and that was more than he was worth and he and his agent refused to compromise on it even though it was crippling for the club.

Anderson didn't have a contract. He agreed to come in essentially on a payment by results basis. We still cannot be sure whether he put in more than he took out, though it presently looks that way, but we do know that Holdsworth took out a helluva lot for doing next to nothing. 

The administrators meanwhile are being handsomely rewarded for their efforts to date but wouldn't it  have been helpful if they had offered a bit more explanation than they have so far?

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Yeah the first point is an issue. What I meant was if EFL determined we couldn't start the season because of uncertainty over ability to partake in all fixtures - they could either demand we register our kids - or do something unprecedented such as ruling we cannot partake this season and start in league two. 

Their problem is clear - they will not want us to start if there is a risk we might not finish (or even start). And equally I cannot see the EFL wanting to end the football club. But short of that their options are limited.

They could advance the administrators the first payment to allow them to run us into the season - but their concern with that must be there is no guarantee that is enough nor is there a guarantee that after that money runs out the admin will complete.....

FV (and in particular MJ - who is a genuine fan), wont want this to drag out.

There is fuck all anyone can do or say that will influence anything, that being Alan Nixon, Basinni, KA, you, Me or anyone else on here.

Its down to fine details now and the only hard part is waiting, which we should all be now getting good at.

For the record, Nixon sells papers, and is good at twitter. thats why he has a job inciting and exciting folk who have no football to watch at this time of year..................................

1 minute ago, Ratwhite said:

FV (and in particular MJ - who is a genuine fan), wont want this to drag out.

There is fuck all anyone can do or say that will influence anything, that being Alan Nixon, Basinni, KA, you, Me or anyone else on here.

Its down to fine details now and the only hard part is waiting, which we should all be now getting good at.

For the record, Nixon sells papers, and is good at twitter. thats why he has a job inciting and exciting folk who have no football to watch at this time of year..................................

I'm not bothered by what Nixon says - he's just speculating like we are. I've been pretty calm all summer - it just feels like its become critical in more ways than one. And whilst MJ I'm sure will not let us die completely - it doesn't mean its in his power to make anything happen. If it gets to next week in this position I expect some real fireworks. 

12 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

Surely a deal has to happen this week, how many times have we heard now it's imminent, piss take now. There's so many fucking hurdles to this deal it's driving me insane. Never easy being a Bolton fan is it! 

4 minutes ago, Okocha10 said:

Surely a deal has to happen this week, how many times have we heard now it's imminent, piss take now. There's so many fucking hurdles to this deal it's driving me insane. Never easy being a Bolton fan is it! 

If the hold up really is the hotel then I'm unsure how that deal can be forced through or sped up....it takes as long as it takes. Why would the administrators for the hotel who are receiving hourly fees bother to hurry it along? Why would Ken agree to take an amount less than he thinks he's owed? 

Edited by bwfcfan5

2 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

If the hold up really is the hotel then I'm unsure how that deal can be forced through or sped up....it takes as long as it takes. Why would the administrators for the hotel who are receiving hourly fees bother to hurry it along? 

Heard all types of things I don't even know if it's the hotel anymore & its just down to agreeing deal's with secured creditors, god knows! Like you have said the hotel is running fine so they won't rush anything with that, it's making money plus the longer it drags on the more administrators get paid. I thought there was a bit of hope with all the players playing against Bradford yesterday, so I wonder what they have been told

6 minutes ago, Okocha10 said:

Heard all types of things I don't even know if it's the hotel anymore & its just down to agreeing deal's with secured creditors, god knows! Like you have said the hotel is running fine so they won't rush anything with that, it's making money plus the longer it drags on the more administrators get paid. I thought there was a bit of hope with all the players playing against Bradford yesterday, so I wonder what they have been told

The administrators for the club said in their statement that the hold up was the need for FV to simultaneously acquire the hotel. I'm not sure why they'd lie in a formally released statement. 

Guest Nordkurve
13 minutes ago, Okocha10 said:

I thought the Hotel was losing money, or at least technically losing money as it owes it's Creditors more than it brings in.

4 minutes ago, Nordkurve said:

I thought the Hotel was losing money, or at least technically losing money as it owes it's Creditors more than it brings in.

It's making money that's why there is a high demand for the hotel 

1 minute ago, Okocha10 said:

Why is there high demand for it if that's the case & FV only agreeing a deal with the hotel?

PBP/Michael James have £5.5m tied up in it and can't get to it until the hotel issue is fully resolved.

• Site Supporter
46 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

I'm not bothered by what Nixon says - he's just speculating like we are. I've been pretty calm all summer - it just feels like its become critical in more ways than one. And whilst MJ I'm sure will not let us die completely - it doesn't mean its in his power to make anything happen. If it gets to next week in this position I expect some real fireworks. 

just got do what the rest of us doing Lad

Peace out and enjoy the sun - you'll be pissed off "again" about "football" soon enough....

25 minutes ago, Okocha10 said:

Why is there high demand for it if that's the case & FV only agreeing a deal with the hotel?

It will likely have something to do with being able to develop the car parks at both ends of the ground 

Probably can’t do much opposite the hotel if you don’t own it