Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Take Over

Kane57

4 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

I'm 6 hours ahead of majority of everyone else at moment (now I know how Bolty feels) and it's painful feeling so detached from such pivotal moments in our history.

Happy hour starts here just before court is due to sit, good news would go down a treat. 

One day we'll look back on all this and laugh.

Prepare to be disappointed .... ad nail the happy hour anyway!

13 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

I'm 6 hours ahead of majority of everyone else at moment (now I know how Bolty feels) and it's painful feeling so detached from such pivotal moments in our history.

Happy hour starts here just before court is due to sit, good news would go down a treat. 

Thinly veiled.... :D

7 hours ago, Benny The Ball said:

Gaspard holdings was incorporated in February 2019 it was not around back in 2017 

It may be true that individuals who are now associated with the Gaspard name , did , back  back in 2017 attempt to naively acquire the club and were rebuked by KA , but since then lessons have been learned and  as I have said earlier Individuals were brought in to assist in putting together a consortium that had a realistic chance , given the opportunity of acquiring BWFC 

Was that Motieba Ltd in 2017, by any chance?

19 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Don’t worry, I don’t think we’re any less detached much nearer to proceedings. Let’s be honest, nobody on here really knows what’s going on and we’re simply filling time with guesswork. Previous form would suggest it’ll be another adjournment and another week of all this. 

Howard - one horse-sized duck, or 100 duck-sized horses?

1 minute ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Don’t worry, I don’t think we’re any less detached much nearer to proceedings. Let’s be honest, nobody on here really knows what’s going on and we’re simply filling time with guesswork. Previous form would suggest it’ll be another adjournment and another week of all this. 

Howard - one horse-sized duck, or 100 duck-sized horses?

Cannot wait to see the back of this thread! Just hoping the judge doesn't lose his/her rag and says enoughs enough. I've only worked on family side of courts where emotion comes into it more.

Anyway sat on a long tail boat in the middle of the jungle at weekend, turns out the couple in front were from Leigh :lol: Bloke found out I was a Wanderers fan and spent the rest of the time I saw him moaning about penny shares...

49 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

So if you are 6 hours ahead, does that mean you know the outcome of the courtcase already?

Something is confusing me.. (it doesn't take much!)

Both consortiums linked with Benny & Howard have stated that the consortium they are aware of were the named group at the previous court hearing 2 weeks ago that enabled a 2-week adjournment.

So, I wonder which one it was - or am i missing something?

9 minutes ago, Ros Coe said:

Something is confusing me.. (it doesn't take much!)

Both consortiums linked with Benny & Howard have stated that the consortium they are aware of were the named group at the previous court hearing 2 weeks ago that enabled a 2-week adjournment.

So, I wonder which one it was - or am i missing something?

Howard was indeed a PR guru but the true aim was to deflect attention from Benny’s consortium. The past few weeks have been a master class in the art of managing expectation. Howard has released enough tid bits for people to come to their own conclusions without being explicit about who or what businesses are involved and to what extent. 

Disclaimer: The above may or may not be bullshit, the same as every other post on this thread to date. You can delete as you see fit to suit how you want it to be.

51 minutes ago, Boothy said:

Howard was indeed a PR guru but the true aim was to deflect attention from Benny’s consortium. The past few weeks have been a master class in the art of managing expectation. Howard has released enough tid bits for people to come to their own conclusions without being explicit about who or what businesses are involved and to what extent. 

Disclaimer: The above may or may not be bullshit, the same as every other post on this thread to date. You can delete as you see fit to suit how you want it to be.

I very much doubt that H would spend so much time and effort  on here, just to deflect attention from a locally based consortium - who have already spouted to the local press claiming it's virtually a done deal..

I have a feeling that a few red herrings have been thrown into the ring and there could well be a few twists and turns before this panto is finally finished.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

The longer this mess goes on the less confidence I seem to have in the so called bidders, Howard's mob seem to give the impression they want it but are really hoping someone else gets it. Bassini seems to be patiently waiting for the Bangkok drug run to be finalised before he's in a position to make a move so that leaves bennys mob to nip in and buy the club in the next 48 hours, thats if they can find a vessel to urinate in. So it looks like another adjournment, another week of ups and downs and then in 7 days time no doubt another reason or excuse not to do the deal will be found. All the time the people who really matter (the fans) are refused to go and do what really this should be all about, support their football team. What a fucking shambles!!! 

1 minute ago, darrener said:

The longer this mess goes on the less confidence I seem to have in the so called bidders, Howard's mob seem to give the impression they want it but are really hoping someone else gets it. Bassini seems to be patiently waiting for the Bangkok drug run to be finalised before he's in a position to make a move so that leaves bennys mob to nip in and buy the club in the next 48 hours, thats if they can find a vessel to urinate in. So it looks like another adjournment, another week of ups and downs and then in 7 days time no doubt another reason or excuse not to do the deal will be found. All the time the people who really matter (the fans) are refused to go and do what really this should be all about, support their football team. What a fucking shambles!!! 

Nail on the head.

27 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

I very much doubt that H would spend so much time and effort  on here, just to deflect attention from a locally based consortium - who have already spouted to the local press claiming it's virtually a done deal..

Hi, i agree, my post was tongue in cheek in case it wasn’t clear. 

Edited by Boothy

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Burndens Bogs said:

He’ll know nowt like the rest of us. We can only hope that Gaspard have sourced some sizeable iinvestment from somewhere.

Just googled Gapard Holdings..

Address is that fucking caravan storage place with a duck pond on Wingates La!,,

Hope there is a Bahrainian royal family in one of the luxury 6 berths 

Just now, Burndens Bogs said:

Fairy muff, looks like i had a wooosh moment.

I'm  perhaps feeling a bit too tense for tongue in cheek stuff.:D

I feel the pain, difficult days for Whites supporters!