Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Forest away

radcliffe white

I know my previous attempt at showing you a good time in Nottingham was "mixed", but there's some decent places to drink if you want to stay off the usual Wetherspoons track. I reckon time is going to be tight though. Hate this early Sunday kick off on final day.

Newish craft ale shed in the train station and two new ones since last visit on the street outside the station are good but tiny, canalside bars opposite station might be best bet with short time though and loads of outdoor seating. Popular with home fans as well.

If they can't be arsed playing though, Hockley is the place 20 minute walk into town, full of boozers and can easily lose a day there.

5 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

I know my previous attempt at showing you a good time in Nottingham was "mixed", but there's some decent places to drink if you want to stay off the usual Wetherspoons track. I reckon time is going to be tight though. Hate this early Sunday kick off on final day.

Newish craft ale shed in the train station and two new ones since last visit on the street outside the station are good but tiny, canalside bars opposite station might be best bet with short time though and loads of outdoor seating. Popular with home fans as well.

If they can't be arsed playing though, Hockley is the place 20 minute walk into town, full of boozers and can easily lose a day there.

Based on Fulham away the other year, the early Sunday kick off is magnificent for getting the game out of the way before the real entertainment begins. 

• The topic was pinned