Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bands you'd never watch

Widnes Two Hats

With Madness I thought they were crap but knocking round with Londoners who like two tone etc changes your view a bit. The way the styles came about, the way punk bands like the clash embraced it.

not my favourite type of music by any means, but I’ve certainly learnt to appreciate it a lot more.

• Site Supporter

Yep, Madness made some proper original stuff. 

Just a shame that their money- makers, Driving in my Car, Our House etc were a bit shit. 

The Prince, as Bolty says, is quality.

Fantastic live.

Madness were good when they first started as a young London  Ska band, but that was over 40 years ago ffs. All the "Baggy trousers" "Our House" " I've been driving in my car" drivel that followed got on my tits tbh and their 2018 NYE live gig? deary me " You're an embarrassment" springs to mind. I have the utmost respect for Suggs etc for their early stuff and their gigs through the 70's/80's/90's, but maybe it's time to call it a day fellas.

I agree about the Foo fighters, just can't get into them - a bit up their own arse imo.

RHCP have gone shite after a promising start years ago.

Killers can fuck off aswell.

Edited by Burndens Bogs

• Members
4 hours ago, Steejay said:

Yep, Madness made some proper original stuff. 

Just a shame that their money- makers, Driving in my Car, Our House etc were a bit shit. 

The Prince, as Bolty says, is quality.

Fantastic live.

Best live concert I have ever attended was a Madness gig. James Brown, The Beat, The Specials, Selecter all high on the list too.

8 hours ago, Burndens Bogs said:

Madness were good when they first started as a young London  Ska band, but that was over 40 years ago ffs. All the "Baggy trousers" "Our House" " I've been driving in my car" drivel that followed got on my tits tbh and their 2018 NYE live gig? deary me " You're an embarrassment" springs to mind. I have the utmost respect for Suggs etc for their early stuff and their gigs through the 70's/80's/90's, but maybe it's time to call it a day fellas.

I agree about the Foo fighters, just can't get into them - a bit up their own arse imo.

RHCP have gone shite after a promising start years ago.

Killers can fuck off aswell.

I hate the killers

Would probably watch them though