Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

I think we'll be lucky if the outbreak isn't hitting several parts of the UK in the next few months. 2 schools in Cheshire have just been closed, with some students returning from a skiing trip in North Italy with flu like symptoms. 3 new cases in Austria and Croatia today could lead you to suspect that the virus has passed through the northern border of Italy already, hopefully not.

The potential outbreak in Tenerife could also be problematic to the UK if not contained correctly too. 

It's still not clear if globally we are going to be able to contain the virus in small areas or not. There is still a possibility that it could be contained, or it could be a pandemic, so realistically we should prepare for potential pandemic.

The data we have that is considered the most reliable at the moment is from South Korea.

Their cases have risen from less than 10 to almost 1,000 in a week, 1.7% critically ill or already deceased (1.1%) . As before, it's likely that there are many more undiagnosed mild cases that will reduce the real overall mortality rate, but on the other hand there will be more of the currently confirmed cases who unfortunately die. The good news (if there is any), is that there are virtually no cases of children developing serious illness, and no deaths at all, worldwide, in kids under 10. Mortality is overwhelmingly most likely in those over 80, and/or those with underlying health issues like heart disease, cancer etc. The new cases and death rates in china are dropping so to put it into perspective, a country with a population of 1.4 billion has had 2.6k deaths in a 2 month period.

The main advice is to wash your hands more, don't touch your face, especially after you've been in busy places. Self quarantine if you suspect you've got the virus. Masks won't prevent you from catching the virus, but could stop you from spreading it.

If we end up with quarantined areas in the UK, and you think there could be food shortages, or you just don't want to go to Horwich Tesco so often, Dry food like rice, pasta, soups, noodles, take up less storage space than other foods and have a long shelf life.

good luck

• Site Supporter

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2020/feb/25/irans-deputy-health-minister-i-have-coronavirus

Whoops.

Just listened to a woman explaining that many folk over there won't use masks, statements etc as it's God's will as to whether or not they die.

• Members
2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Did you take your extended stay kit, just in case?

Got what I could fit in my bag. Inter Milan playing their game on Thursday behind closed doors so UEFA seem concerned.

The Mrs said she’s checked the life insurance. Twat 😂

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Rudy’s Message said:

Got what I could fit in my bag. Inter Milan playing their game on Thursday behind closed doors so UEFA seem concerned.

We’ll organise it between ourselves on here that your missus is taken care of in the event of your untimely death.

1 hour ago, Rudy’s Message said:

Stick me down for the Nike trainers you was talking about last week. Obviously they will need to be deep cleansed but I will wait 👍