Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Rudy

• Moderators
51 minutes ago, e2e4 said:

You cant have a second spike if the first wave never ends completely . 

Spot on

I read we had more deaths the other day than Germany had at its peak by around 50 and we think it's ok to start opening up again

Edited by ZicoKelly

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

How? 

a spike is just that a spike. If the deaths went to a thousand tomorrow from today’s levels. That’s a spike. Nobody said the virus was going to be eradicated

That’s my thinking. A spike is a big increase from a low level. If it’s eradicated and suddenly we have more deaths it’s a new strain Shirley??

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

How? 

Because the curve hasn't been flattened in that we haven't got below 100 yet

I know it's a learning curve but no one else has started easing lockdown restrictions for the public till below 100 so far as i know

Looking at last week's numbers it looks to me like we haven't got into a position where we can confidently saw the first wave is over

But i know better than to debate with you what our perceptions of the words spike, waves and curves mean 

In any case we're opening up and inviting a load of new cases and deaths on our current path, imo

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

That’s my thinking. A spike is a big increase from a low level. If it’s eradicated and suddenly we have more deaths it’s a new strain Shirley??

That's my point though, we're nowhere near to being able to say it's been eradicated or dealt with satisfactorily to date when we're still getting daily death tolls that are higher than similar countries were at their peak

Instead of spike, let's say wave

I dont think we're through the first wave yet  so any increase now and it's still part of the first wave, not a second wave

We simply haven't got on top of it yet

5 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

Because the curve hasn't been flattened in that we haven't got below 100 yet

I know it's a learning curve but no one else has started easing lockdown restrictions for the public till below 100 so far as i know

Looking at last week's numbers it looks to me like we haven't got into a position where we can confidently saw the first wave is over

But i know better than to debate with you what our perceptions of the words spike, waves and curves mean 

In any case we're opening up and inviting a load of new cases and deaths on our current path, imo

Not sure I’ve ever had a cross word with yourself on any subject mr sensitive? 

I just evidently have a view that the meaning of a spike is different than you and I was simply putting my view across  

I agree on your comment that we haven’t left the first wave it is a continuation. 

Edited by Escobarp

• Moderators
Just now, Escobarp said:

Not sure I’ve ever had a cross word with yourself on any subject mr sensitive? 

I just evidently haven’t a view that the meaning of a spike is different than you and I was simply putting my view across  

Nah, it was meant to be light hearted, knowing how pedantic and literal you were last week when we went round in circles over what something or other meant

😘

Just now, ZicoKelly said:

Nah, it was meant to be light hearted, knowing how pedantic and literal you were last week when we went round in circles over what something or other meant

😘

I’m very literal. It drives most insane. Cross I have to bear. Been in scraps over the meaning of words in my younger years. 😁

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

I’m very literal. It drives most insane. Cross I have to bear. Been in scraps over the meaning of words in my younger years. 😁

"Did you just call me a bastard?"

I’ve Done all the isolating and social distancing, I’ve had a new born during all this shite and was only able to see him for half an hour before he was allowed home 4 days later, I’m now beginning to think it’s a big fucking con. If this CV-19 was as dangerous as what’s been made out by “experts” and the goverment then the army would have been deployed yesterday and today to stop All of these pointless demos. 

We’ve been had 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, royal white said:

I’ve Done all the isolating and social distancing, I’ve had a new born during all this shite and was only able to see him for half an hour before he was allowed home 4 days later, I’m now beginning to think it’s a big fucking con. If this CV-19 was as dangerous as what’s been made out by “experts” and the goverment then the army would have been deployed yesterday and today to stop All of these pointless demos. 

We’ve been had 

He’s back.

I’ve missed you.

• Site Supporter
15 minutes ago, royal white said:

We’ve been had 

Should perhaps have been out much earlier.

Scummy cunts spitting in the face of railway workers might think twice if a couple of big fuckers with steely eyes arrive and shove a rifle in their faces.

Could have kettled those cunts in London yesterday with a few tanks whilst each and every one was fined before being allowed on their way.

Edited by Tonge moor green jacket

46 minutes ago, royal white said:

We’ve been had 

I think it is dangerous, the deaths prove that. The protests shouldn't have happened, but this government has lost the plot and is as weak as piss. They should have stopped these gatherings, if it involved tear gassing them, and maybe shooting a few hundred of them to get the message across, then so be it

Edited by Sweep

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, Sweep said:

I think it is dangerous, the deaths prove that. The protests shouldn't have happened, but this government has lost the plot and is as weak as piss. They should have stopped these gatherings, if it involved tear gassing them, and maybe shooting a few hundred of them to get the message across, then so be it

Remember the last time police wanted to stop protests?

Extinction Rebellion- the courts found against them and allowed them to continue.

Not sure it's that easy just to ban them, and certainly not that quick.

Perhaps they should look at doing so now, but that would probably be counterproductive and would get more out claiming rights and freedoms etc.

2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Extinction Rebellion- the courts found against them and allowed them to continue.

Perhaps they should look at doing so now, but that would probably be counterproductive and would get more out claiming rights and freedoms etc.

Get them all into one area and then deal with the lot of them.

News break Unfortunate has explosion has occurred killing 30000 scruffy, couldn’t fight sleep, do gooders in central London. The country is in mourning for these wasters I mean waste of lives. 

• Site Supporter
17 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Get them all into one area and then deal with the lot of them.

News break Unfortunate has explosion has occurred killing 30000 scruffy, couldn’t fight sleep, do gooders in central London. The country is in mourning for these wasters I mean waste of lives. 

Bit like the scene from outbreak?

22 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Are they legal? Don't think so

Moral? Possibly

But; there comes a time to act. I would hope that there is a plan which is ready to stop this, presumably before they start again (next weekend?)