Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Anglo Italian Cup

Marc505

• Moderators
2 hours ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

What mr super fan didn’t go? 

I dont think i did any, home or away

I was saving up to buy a house as far away from radcilffe as i could get and for west brom away in the play offs

:)

14 hours ago, Marc505 said:

I'm sure this has been covered before in fact I think I might have even started a topic on it myself in the past but hey whatever, vaffanculo.

Article in BN about it today. In some parallel universe where football is still being played and this competition still exists, how many do you think we'd have taken to Pisa? 500 went back in the day before cheap and regular budget flights were a thing.

A week in Tuscany with a Wanderers game in the middle of it would be a dream trip.

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/18390426.amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Can see myself on the crowd picture arm blocking my face but can tell it’s me as I’m wearing my trusted lucky Lacoste green jacket. What a coach trip that was, nearly got returned to Blighty after case of champagne got nicked at Calais, thanks to Pud (rip) paid for it so police wouldn't send us back, first time we’d met the Horwich casuals who were on same double decker coach, we also picked up some West Brom in way down as they were going to play fiorentina, The England game was the Pearce dropped bollock first minute which meant we didn’t qualify for 94 World Cup,  some rum lads on that coach trip. Happy days. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

23 hours ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

What a cock

West Brom was a major fuck up by the old man, I was seething 

Which West Brom game are you on about? The play off semi final around 2001? 

We also fucked up on the ticket front so two of decided to go down on the day to see if we could get hold of two tickets (in either end) 

Started off at the Reebok to ask around as all the coaches were setting off, no joy. The last coach pulled off the Reebok stopped down the road, a guy and his young lad got off as his son had been sick so he sold us his two tickets and we were in 

Good times! 

1 minute ago, birch-chorley said:

Which West Brom game are you on about? The play off semi final around 2001? 

We also fucked up on the ticket front so two of decided to go down on the day to see if we could get hold of two tickets (in either end) 

Started off at the Reebok to ask around as all the coaches were setting off, no joy. The last coach pulled off the Reebok stopped down the road, a guy and his young lad got off as his son had been sick so he sold us his two tickets and we were in 

Good times! 

Yeah play off fella 

think they sold out in an hour

schoolboy error 

19 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Can see myself on the crowd picture arm blocking my face but can tell it’s me as I’m wearing my trusted lucky Lacoste green jacket. What a coach trip that was, nearly got returned to Blighty after case of champagne got nicked at Calais, thanks to Pud (rip) paid for it so police wouldn't send us back, first time we’d met the Horwich casuals who were on same double decker coach, we also picked up some West Brom in way down as they were going to play fiorentina, The England game was the Pearce dropped bollock first minute which meant we didn’t qualify for 94 World Cup,  some rum lads on that coach trip. Happy days. 

Maybe you were on the same coach as the lad I had a convo with other week that posted a photo of him sat on it, they collected some WBA too. Bolton to Pisa on a drinking coach fucking hell.

47 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Maybe you were on the same coach as the lad I had a convo with other week that posted a photo of him sat on it, they collected some WBA too. Bolton to Pisa on a drinking coach fucking hell.

Pretty sure we were the only coach that travelled and it was an unofficial coach ran by some manchester company, the majority of fans went in official BWFC trips and I’m sure it was flights. Think it took 2 days to get there and about 30 hours to get back. 

7 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Pretty sure we were the only coach that travelled and it was an unofficial coach ran by some manchester company, the majority of fans went in official BWFC trips and I’m sure it was flights. Think it took 2 days to get there and about 30 hours to get back. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/bigdbwfc/status/1243855495645061129

Had a dig about, this is the photo.

7 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Looks like him but don’t think it is, he’s too young to have been there. 

Even though I've known you for decades mate, that pic bizarrely doesn't look like you,  though I obviously know it is you.

A memory of knowing you mate, is when we were in their seats at Wolves in the Cup.....pretty hostile atmosphere that day 🤭😂😂😂

11 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Even though I've known you for decades mate, that pic bizarrely doesn't look like you,  though I obviously know it is you.

A memory of knowing you mate, is when we were in their seats at Wolves in the Cup.....pretty hostile atmosphere that day 🤭😂😂😂

I can hardly remember myself looking like that to be honest 😂 think you know ducker who’s in the brown jacket he looks fuck all like that now, and that picture looks nowt like how I remember him either. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

Flew into Pisa for the Italy game in Rome 97. Had a mooch back to the ground and by coincidence, there were a few folk hanging around waiting for a coach for an away game. They were really struggling I think and had dropped to the regional leagues, not many there. Had a sort of conversation with some of them nice chaps.