Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Mike Ashley

jules_darby

5 minutes ago, Rudy’s Message said:

Never had you down as a peasant 

Didn’t want to jump in “all the gear no idea”, so I tipped up with shit clubs. However they was in a titleist bag😀

4 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Most people are shit at golf, its a hard and frustrating game, i have some clubs and played about a dozen times, but its always raining when i turn out. It takes ages and your always stuck behined some Faldo types who take a fucking age with each shot!. Great game, but to play its frustrating and there is a little snobbiness to it. Your frowned upon for drinking cans of ale on your round, i don't know why 😁

Just can’t be arsed fagging them when they go west, went to Barton golf club many years ago hired a buggy felt more professional

• Members
3 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Didn’t want to jump in “all the gear no idea”, so I tipped up with shit clubs. However they was in a titleist bag😀

Just can’t be arsed fagging them when they go west, went to Barton golf club many years ago hired a buggy felt more professional

A footballer who shall remain nameless was shipped out on transfer deadline day, he left his clubs at the training ground. When he was asked what he wanted us to do with them he said keep them. Which I did 😁

53 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

If it's true that he wants to invest in an EFL club with a healthy fanbase, we're probably one of a handful that could make financial sense.  

Most championship clubs are creaking under the weight of debt and existing wage bills and I cant think of many in that division that would be a sound investment.  Bristol City or PNE perhaps?

In L1 & L2 - Sunderland (that would be funny), us, Oxford, Bradford and Plymouth seem to fit the bill.  Own their own ground, fanbase, potential to be higher in the league than they are, no major debts (unlike say, Ipswich) and owners who might be looking to flip their asset (might exclude Pompey?)

Isn’t Oxford’s ground still owned by their crank ex chairman? Think Bradford are in a similar position too. In fairness we currently probably are one of the best prospects, on paper at least. 

4 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Isn’t Oxford’s ground still owned by their crank ex chairman? Think Bradford are in a similar position too. In fairness we currently probably are one of the best prospects, on paper at least. 

Also would imagine Fratton Park wants a shit load of money spending on it

• Site Supporter
22 hours ago, jules_darby said:

Not been on this part of the site for months so apols if it’s on here already but rumours in the N-East that Ashley is interested in buying BWFC...

Just had a look using "Ashley" as the search and found this. HW had locked the Take Over topic so I can't bump it. 

On 26/08/2019 at 22:13,ZiggyStardust said:

Owned by Lovell Sports (Holdings) Limited that is owned by Sdi (Lsl Holdings) Limited that is owned by sports direct

1 hour ago, MickyD said:

Just had a look using "Ashley" as the search and found this. HW had locked the Take Over topic so I can't bump it. 

On 26/08/2019 at 22:13,ZiggyStardust said:

Owned by Lovell Sports (Holdings) Limited that is owned by Sdi (Lsl Holdings) Limited that is owned by sports direct

Is there any significance to this? 

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Is there any significance to this? 

Other than Jules apologising if there was any previous mention of Ashley's link with Bolton, no. 

I knew I'd read about it so had a search. 

• Site Supporter
11 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

Most people are shit at golf, its a hard and frustrating game, i have some clubs and played about a dozen times, but its always raining when i turn out. It takes ages and your always stuck behined some Faldo types who take a fucking age with each shot!. Great game, but to play its frustrating and there is a little snobbiness to it. Your frowned upon for drinking cans of ale on your round, i don't know why 😁

If you think it's snobby now you should have tried it 20years ago, massive changes made

Edited by Alf Hartigan
forgot to reply originally

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Mr Grey said:

Scotland and Ireland seem okay, just seems to be us English, but your correct, its a bit easier and cheaper to get in a couse than it used to be.

The snobby side of it really used to put me off, probably started to improve about 20 years ago. It's a great game that I need to get back into. I've played more footgolf these last few years.