Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Back int ground

stevieb

8 hours ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Went boro yesterday and was talking to the club secretary who said officials are looking closely at the non league set up as clubs want to prove it can be done

beer was on sale yesterday but that’s being monitored closely it’s the young city wankers who will spoil it here 

What's it like ar Radcliffe are they on it with restrictons? It's a nice ground guess that makes it a bit easier

30 minutes ago, Ghana White said:

What's it like ar Radcliffe are they on it with restrictons? It's a nice ground guess that makes it a bit easier

Yes reduced numbers it’s all done via that ticketco scan thingy and if there’s any room left they open limited cash turnstile

plenty of room to move about the ground 3 sides covered which will be needed soon 

big function room entry go bar out the other or if you want table service there’s another lounge and a greasy burger van behind goal 

16 hours ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Yes reduced numbers it’s all done via that ticketco scan thingy and if there’s any room left they open limited cash turnstile

plenty of room to move about the ground 3 sides covered which will be needed soon 

big function room entry go bar out the other or if you want table service there’s another lounge and a greasy burger van behind goal 

Sounds brilliant that, I dont think I've seen a fair reflection of how a lot of this is playing out 

23 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Very much so mate we ain’t getting back anytime soon

off to boro again tonight ok it’s not the same but it’s refreshing at the moment and I actually like it 

The hardcore has gone soft.....

1 hour ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Very much so mate we ain’t getting back anytime soon

off to boro again tonight ok it’s not the same but it’s refreshing at the moment and I actually like it 

Definitely puts in perspective how much the traipsing about all over the country is mainly centred spending time with mates and having a day out. CBA watching majority of the games on telly at moment.

Edited by Marc505

• Site Supporter
26 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Definitely puts on perspective how much the traipsing about all over the country is mainly centred spending time with mates and having a day out. CBA watching majority of the games on telly at moment.

Suppose I should be going to these non league games, saying that I’ve not long to go.☹️

11 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

196,150 signed petition.  Its not going to be top of the agenda this month but they almost always debate a petition that has over 100k signatures, the ground rules are here for anyone interested.

https://petition.parliament.uk/help

I'd still expect way higher numbers than that, its huge for a petition that came from nowhere but in terms of numbers who go to stadiums every weekend it's not that big really. I wonder how much people really do want to go back just now, or whether it's just a storm in a social media teacup.

Glad it's going to be debated again though, but I agree with you it's not going to be on an agenda for a little while yet with the way things are going.

Genuinely don't know the answer to this - have other clubs gone down the flogging STs like we have?

In our case, while people obviously want to get back in and it might help the team, if we allowed all 8k ST holders in but with severe restrictions on concourse activity etc, would we actually make any significant money? Corporate?

33 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

I'd still expect way higher numbers than that, its huge for a petition that came from nowhere but in terms of numbers who go to stadiums every weekend it's not that big really. I wonder how much people really do want to go back just now, or whether it's just a storm in a social media teacup.

Glad it's going to be debated again though, but I agree with you it's not going to be on an agenda for a little while yet with the way things are going.

I think more would have signed if it had been before the last week or 2, but the momentum has stalled with the situation deteriorating.  I still think people are desperate to return in the same ways people want to go to pubs and shops and visit people - with sensible guidelines and social distancing measures.  Its the fact that we cant even have 10% capacity which is most annoying, while everywhere else can (except the tier 3's).  I personally would want fans to return just for the spectacle of watching/listening to games even if I wasnt allowed in myself.  Games just arent real at the moment.