Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

What has happened to our wonderful town centre

Rudy

• Moderators
3 hours ago, crawshawbooth said:

I remember Ken's cycle shop, i bought a bike from BEN advert in 1975

a sun racer ,about £10 worth, thought i would be a proper smart arse with 3 in one oil and a screwdriver all over the gears

had to walk it up to the shop where Ken put it up on the bench and had it sorted in about ten minutes . He didnt want any payment , just said ,dont mess with what you know nowt about!

sound fella

was that a sun squadra?

I had one, in white?

Guest Nordkurve
14 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

Me and my Dad went into the first x records shop to buy our ACDC, and for me old Whitesnake (pre slip of the tongue) and for him bit of Leppard.

Loved it, I know most of you had formative stuff all around football, and we did and do love it, but our thing is and was always music. Taught me a lot.

I bought plenty of bootleg LPs in X-Records, mostly of Concerts I had been to. I remember they had a KISS colored vinyl with a picture of some bird giving a blow job. I think it was a bootleg of a Concert in Milan. You could always get some decent stuff there. Also a place in the downstairs Market by the Arndale in Manchester. They always had Cassette Tapes from Concerts around the UK.

On 20/10/2020 at 16:36, Steejay said:

Yep, not sure that they sold as much vinyl though.

I, I mean my friend, was a bit naughty with their Derby St store and borrowed 45’s on a regular basis. 🙄

The same thing happened at E P Lees shop on Newport St facing the Wheatsheaf where ,oddly, a lot of the early picture sleeve punk singles turned up & were "borrowed" .

I didn't get one, but apparently a lot of the highly  collectable ( & possibly valuable now ) original Buzzcocks' Spiral Scratch went there.......https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoYiQ8Qsozk

3 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

The same thing happened at E P Lees shop on Newport St facing the Wheatsheaf where ,oddly, a lot of the early picture sleeve punk singles turned up & were "borrowed" .

I didn't get one, but apparently a lot of the highly  collectable ( & possibly valuable now ) original Buzzcocks' Spiral Scratch went there.......https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoYiQ8Qsozk