Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Covid-19

Spider

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Dimron said:

My problem is that I cannot rely on British workers. I cannot fault the work ethic from European tradespeople.

I'm quite pessimistic about it all at the moment, I'm now turning summer work away because I cannot guarantee the labour.

Also there are going to be quite a lot of redundancies in the steel industry and the like, everyone is banging on about sausage wars when it actually goes much further.

Why do you think that is?

The country has become reliant on cheap labour, and inevitably folk find work in other things. Becomes a circle.

We're now short of workers in all manner of areas, and have been since before brexit.

Its actually a recognised fundamental of an advanced society that much of a nation's employment is within the service sector.

This is now believed to be slowly changing, without doubt in part to climate and population pressures.

Fortunately those in power now seem to be recognising this, and an emphasis going back into non academic routes. Not everyone can get a degree and a good graduate job, nor be expected to. 

However, along as kids are funnelled through that route, things won't change. We've got Robert Halfon talking repeatedly about poor kids not doing well in school, increasing levels of poor literacy and numeracy, yet more and more graduates. Doesn't stack up.

Manual work, for a decent wage should not be regarded as second class, and hopefully things are starting to change, especially given the good money now being made in trades of all kinds for example.

33 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

89 positive cases from 23,000 returning from amber list countries, overseas travel will be back on & quarantine free from end of July, get your flights booked. 

So, 390 per 100,000. What is the current rate in the UK?

45 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

89 positive cases from 23,000 returning from amber list countries, overseas travel will be back on & quarantine free from end of July, get your flights booked. 

I'd say from September it'll be back on, not sure it'll be as soon as in 5 weeks time.

Whitty and his pals will spin the figure of 89 from 23,000 as a huge issue

14 minutes ago, Jol_BWFC said:

So, 390 per 100,000. What is the current rate in the UK?

That's what Bolton was when we were getting tarred with being the filthiest shit hole this side of karachi

There's fuck all chance of restriction free travel this summer. Because... Cases. 

7 minutes ago, stevieb said:

That's what Bolton was when we were getting tarred with being the filthiest shit hole this side of karachi

There's fuck all chance of restriction free travel this summer. Because... Cases. 

The issue isn’t cases but deaths and serious cases requiring hospital treatment, of those 89 most will be jabbed and won’t even know they have Covid. 

8 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

The issue isn’t cases but deaths and serious cases requiring hospital treatment, of those 89 most will be jabbed and won’t even know they have Covid. 

I know this. But that's not stopping the cunts in charge delaying shit. 

16 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Reading today’s papers it’s all pointing to end of July. 

you would certainly hope so, but it was only 5 weeks ago people thought that 21st June was going to be when we started to come out of all this, and that got kicked back.

I suspect they'll wait until every adult (who wants to be vaccinated) is fully vaccinated, the good news is my 19 year old nephew had his first jab yesterday, so they're getting there. If they do wait until the entire adult population is fully vaccinated, then I think that takes us until around the end of August or beginning of September time

19 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

The issue isn’t cases but deaths and serious cases requiring hospital treatment, of those 89 most will be jabbed and won’t even know they have Covid

I presume that you've just made that bit up?!?!

1 minute ago, Sweep said:

you would certainly hope so, but it was only 5 weeks ago people thought that 21st June was going to be when we started to come out of all this, and that got kicked back.

I suspect they'll wait until every adult (who wants to be vaccinated) is fully vaccinated, the good news is my 19 year old nephew had his first jab yesterday, so they're getting there. If they do wait until the entire adult population is fully vaccinated, then I think that takes us until around the end of August or beginning of September time

Define fully vaccinated... 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57548796

1 hour ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I based it on the government figures that 95% of folk jabbed don’t have severe Covid symptoms. 

of those 89 most will be jabbed  - that's the bit we don't know, maybe none of them have been jabbed, maybe they've only had one jab and not both of them?!?!  -  What if the 89 who have it were either under 25 and haven't had the jab yet or were of a certain "type" who have chosen not to have the jab, hence them actually getting COVID.

If the government are telling us that 89 out of 23,000 returning from amber list places have got the virus, they should also tell us the vaccination state of those individuals, because if none of them were vaccinated, then that sends a clear message out that you need to get jabbed. Hopefully it'll come to a stage where we have vaccination passports/passes - anybody without both jabs, can fuck off if they think they can get in a pub, go to a match or travel abroad.

• Site Supporter
39 minutes ago, Sweep said:

of those 89 most will be jabbed  - that's the bit we don't know, maybe none of them have been jabbed, maybe they've only had one jab and not both of them?!?!  -  What if the 89 who have it were either under 25 and haven't had the jab yet or were of a certain "type" who have chosen not to have the jab, hence them actually getting COVID.

If the government are telling us that 89 out of 23,000 returning from amber list places have got the virus, they should also tell us the vaccination state of those individuals, because if none of them were vaccinated, then that sends a clear message out that you need to get jabbed. Hopefully it'll come to a stage where we have vaccination passports/passes - anybody without both jabs, can fuck off if they think they can get in a pub, go to a match or travel abroad.

And what about people who for medical reasons can't have the jab? Your moniker is very apt as you are prone to making sweeping statements. Why have vaccination passports? Why not just stamp people? I'm surprised no one has thought of this before... Oh hang on 🤔

19 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

And what about people who for medical reasons can't have the jab? Your moniker is very apt as you are prone to making sweeping statements. Why have vaccination passports? Why not just stamp people? I'm surprised no one has thought of this before... Oh hang on 🤔

I have some sympathy for them people, but I'm not one of them, so it's a very minimal amount of sympathy if I'm honest. They'll just have to suffer and stay in the current state of limbo that we're all in, I don't see why the rest of us should be held back

15 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Planning for excess death event for the next 4 years. And people think we'll be back to normal by September 🤣

https://www.find-tender.service.gov.uk/Notice/013120-2021?origin=SearchResults&p=1

It does say in the event of excess deaths, probably a nice 6 million pay cheque to some friend of the government that’ll hopefully never be used. 

• Site Supporter
15 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Planning for excess death event for the next 4 years. And people think we'll be back to normal by September 🤣

https://www.find-tender.service.gov.uk/Notice/013120-2021?origin=SearchResults&p=1

There's no chance lockdown is being lifted anytime soon, as for excess deaths it is more likely to be from other illnesses & conditions that aren't being treated. 

• Site Supporter
Just now, Sweep said:

I have some sympathy for them people, but I'm not one of them, so it's a very minimal amount of sympathy if I'm honest. They'll just have to suffer and stay in the current state of limbo that we're all in, I don't see why the rest of us should be held back

Then get your tattoo done with your number on & crack on. You should be proud of your empathy for your fellow man or should I say Ovis. 

One day when this whole pantomime has run its course you will, as much as anyone, pay the price for your insular outlook on the world you inhabit.