Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wigan away - League cup 2nd round

Horwich

2 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

I find it the complete opposite. Go on holiday and can guarantee we’ll see one of the fuckers within an hour (albeit more often a rugby fan) 

I suppose they do go on holiday. Must be quite an occasion for them when they cross the Wigan border. They're not in general circulation much more than that though, I can assure you. Wiganers and the rest of the world are clearly not at ease with each other.

1 minute ago, paulhanley said:

I suppose they do go on holiday. Must be quite an occasion for them when they cross the Wigan border. They're not in general circulation much more than that though, I can assure you. Wiganers and the rest of the world are clearly not at ease with each other.

They’re scared they’ll fall off the end once they cross the canal at Abram. 

12 hours ago, Duck Egg said:

Just on that.  Around 6.30 on Tuesday, i was queuing up for a burger near the away end.  Being quite early, there was around 50 or so Bolton fans knocking about.  Mainly families and kids.

Suddenly we hear this "we hate Bolton and we hate Bolton" chant and around 30 scruffy Wigan c*nts come over that footbridge and start a running/dance on the spot type stance and shouting "come on!". These were blokes.  All aged between 25 and 45 I'd say.  We were all a bit bemused.  If they really wanted a fight, why turn up over an hour before kick off when barely anyone was around? The Police then ran over, shoved one or two and they disappeared into the ground gesticulating that it was "the Police wot saved us".

5 minutes later, we hear some Wanderers songs and a group of kids, 15-17 years old come into view.  It looked like they'd walked in from Wigan and fair play for showing their colours but i wouldn't have fancied their chances if they'd come along any sooner.

I remember previous trips to Springfield Park quite fondly, where we just took over the town and took liberties quite openly, usually without any challenge.  I'd be quite sad if those days are now over.

Yeh thats typical Wigan, they know that an hour or so  later there would have been loads of Bolton lads knocking about, so Wigan are nowhere to be seen. They get to the ground early picking on a few easy targets along the way - then they claim a “Victory” - Just cowardly backward cunts really.

Edited by Burndens Bogs