Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Guitarist XI

Rudy

12 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Ed Sheeran

12 minutes ago, Spider said:

I’d ban you for that

80 lashes with the cat and a keelhauling.

A ginger swine who's a multi millionaire through ripping off that Scots girl whose name escapes me.

And that duet with Vic Reeves I mean Elton John - technically a war crime.

I presume you're taking the piss though.

13 minutes ago, Spider said:

(unless you can play guitar)

Can I play guitar my friend? Can I fuck! 

But I've got a beautiful Epiphone Les Paul in sunburst that I haven't picked up since having kids. 

Recently got my lad guitar lessons through school so I do like playing his half size acoustic. Much like Mr Sheeran. 

Edited by stevieb

10 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

I presume you're taking the piss though.

100%

But every time I've seen him on the likes of Jonathan Ross he comes across alright for a ginger. 

He was wearing stone Island trackies last time whilst all the Hollywood guests were dolled up to the 9s.

1 minute ago, stevieb said:

100%

But every time I've seen him on the likes of Jonathan Ross he comes across alright for a ginger. 

He was wearing stone Island trackies last time whilst all the Hollywood guests were dolled up to the 9s.

I have a mate and his idiot younger brother follows the Whites home and away - couldn't punch his way out of a wet paper bag but started wearing S.I. - he got battered I think at Millwall because of his garb and now has a bit of a speech impediment.

Sheeran should shave his bonce as well his combover is a joke.

Dunno if he even follows the game but wearing Stone then prepare to fight or get twatted.

1 minute ago, Youri McAnespie said:

I have a mate and his idiot younger brother follows the Whites home and away - couldn't punch his way out of a wet paper bag but started wearing S.I. - he got battered I think at Millwall because of his garb and now has a bit of a speech impediment.

Sheeran should shave his bonce as well his combover is a joke.

Dunno if he even follows the game but wearing Stone then prepare to fight or get twatted.

I had a guy in the music industry who I used to go to uni with and he was raging that Sheeran got handed everything on a plate and didn't write his own songs and what not. 

But there's videos of him busking on Ipswich Town centre with him looping bits of his guitar. 

I think people don't like him because he's popular and ginger. He's like music's Lewis Hamilton! 🤣 

8 minutes ago, stevieb said:

I had a guy in the music industry who I used to go to uni with and he was raging that Sheeran got handed everything on a plate and didn't write his own songs and what not. 

But there's videos of him busking on Ipswich Town centre with him looping bits of his guitar. 

I think people don't like him because he's popular and ginger. He's like music's Lewis Hamilton! 🤣 

He ripped off that Scottish girl, nic help me out.

And now he wears S.I. and has sleeve tattoos.

I'd fight him anytime, anywhere for nothing.

But the ginger dosser would probably sick his minders on me.

Only those prepared to fight should wear Stone clobber - which is why I sold all mine about ten years ago.

And he would be a Virgin if the public en masse didn't have cloth ears and cloth for brains.

I don't mind Lewis Hamilton but anyone thinks he genuinely boned Nicole Scherzinger is demented - she is a classic crackers lipstick lesbian nailed on.

This post was brought via The Rainbow Trust.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

5 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Hamiltons a ginger? 😀

• Site Supporter

I read that Sheeran had done the hard yards - gigs in front of 5 folk and a dog, busking in town centres and all that.

If he did fair play. It’s better than ending up in a crack den after winning a karaoke contest for Simon Cowell (and his day in court will come for certain).

Hes still bland, 3 chord nonsense but I wouldn’t mind being a pound behind him and a crack at some of his exes 

35 minutes ago, Spider said:

Anyway

Dave Murray (Iron Maiden)

Kim Thayil (Soundgarden)

Johnny Marr

James Hetfield (Metallica)

Django Rheinhardt

Muddy Waters

Jonny Greenwood (Radiohead)

Adrian van den Burgh (Whitesnake)

Ooh good shouts with Kim and Greenwood.

But the latter is a posh boy so doesn't count.

You have to earn your stripes.

Not "mummy can I have a Gibson?"

"Of course, papa will pick one up  on his way home from the LSE"

Some notable omissions:

Rory Gallagher... journo asked Hendrix at the Isle of Wight "What is it like to be the greatest guitarist in the world?"... "Dunno, ask Rory Gallagher" was his reply

Ritchie Blackmore... invented the heavy rock genre, learned to be a showman with Screaming Lord Sutch and Jerry Lee Lewis touring in the early days

Big Jim Sullivan... taught Ritchie and Jimmy Page

Shuggie Otis...son of Johnny, big impact as a blues protege when he recorded his first album when 17 in the mid 70s but got into some substance abuse, saw him at Manchester Academy about 5 yrs ago and was not disappointed

Robin Trower... never stopped working still recording and touring to this day, he is now in his 70s, now well into a bluesy sound

Edited by Dimron

8 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Sheeran has written loads of hits for other artists. He may be a ginger but he knows how to create music even if we all don't like it.

5 minutes ago, stevieb said:

I quite like Sheeran. 

But I've got a fire crotch Mrs. 

🤷

He's a busker.

And who?

Other shithouse dossers.

He might be a nice bloke but his music is shite.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Ooh good shouts with Kim and Greenwood.

But the latter is a posh boy so doesn't count.

You have to earn your stripes.

Not "mummy can I have a Gibson?"

"Of course, papa will pick one up  on his way home from the LSE"

He has an overbite that makes him look like one of the baddies from the simpsons

23B4D415-5CA6-4731-9FFB-81F3148C99C3.jpeg

45096429-B94B-47B6-B4CD-BE855FEF4B87.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

He's a busker.

And who?

Other shithouse dossers.

He might be a nice bloke but his music is shite.

We're getting into guilty pleasures territory here.. 

If you like abba. Own it. 

If Ed Sheeran is a no souler but makes your foot tap with some of his songs own it. 

If you listen to 6 music and think musically you are superior and think smoking is still cool. You are wrong. 

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

A ginger beer maybe? Allegedly.

Brass bollocks at racing - but can anyone see him nobbing Nicole Scherzinger?

What a farce.

Didn't he 'date' Ronaldo's beard ex?

Hamilton strikes me as undecided, and seeks out mother/father figures to soak up his love juices.

6 minutes ago, stevieb said:

We're getting into guilty pleasures territory here.. 

If you like abba. Own it. 

If Ed Sheeran is a no souler but makes your foot tap with some of his songs own it. 

If you listen to 6 music and think musically you are superior and think smoking is still cool. You are wrong. 

Point of order - didn't you confess you only had 'Phil Collins - No Jacket Required' about seven years ago and now you're Martin Hammnet?

Ed Sheeran might be a nice lad but his music is insipid rip off crap.