Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Favourite album covers

Rudy

5 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Nick Cave Group Hug

C'mon @Youri McAnespie join in!!

The man simply cannot sing. He has had his grief but he is a tuneless fake baritone - he can't sing a jot. He sounds like Grace Jones if she had bollocks pinned to her. He dyes his hair, and wears rings on his fingers. Like Australian film his music is just grim and depressing.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Site Supporter
39 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

The man simply cannot sing. He has had his grief but he is a tuneless fake baritone - he can't sing a jot. He sounds like Grace Jones if she had bollocks pinned to her. He dyes his hair, and wears rings on his fingers. Like Australian film his music is just grim and depressing.

Barney Greenway is hardly one of the 3 tenors now, is he?

• Members
29 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Gene Simmons sucked and licked my Mrs finger with his massive tongue.

Kiss can get in the bin

“God make Rock and roll” no he fuckin didn’t now fuck off 

1 hour ago, Spider said:

Barney Greenway is hardly one of the 3 tenors now, is he?

I didn't care for them much after Lee Dorrian, Bill Steer and Mick Harris left - Utopia Banished was decent. Nick Cave sings like Bela Lugosi in a K-hole. Self-indulgent shite, I'd rather hear Buster Bloodvessel sing Wham! songs.

1 hour ago, Rudy said:

Kiss can get in the bin

Stop getting Kiss wrong!

It's God Gave Rock 'n' Roll To You and it's actually a song by Argent:

Sorry but  Destroyer, Alive! Love Gun - great albums. Also without Kiss, you wouldn't have half the guitarists that you love from America.

• Members
6 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Stop getting Kiss wrong!

It's God Gave Rock 'n' Roll To You and it's actually a song by Argent:

Sorry but  Destroyer, Alive! Love Gun - great albums. Also without Kiss, you wouldn't have half the guitarists that you love from America.

Just when we go one step forward….

Like who? I’m not a fan of many American bands, but kiss like van Halen are absolute overrated hairy arse

Edited by Rudy

3 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Just when we go one step forward….

Like who? I’m not a fan of many American bands, but kiss like van Halen are absolute overrated hairy arse

Kiss wwere MASSIVE in the states in the 70s, when many of the grunge/alternative artists were growing up and so they picked up their guitars as Ace Farely was a huge influence.

Melvins, Soundgarden, Peral Jam, Dinosaur Jr....they influenced a huge amount. In metal Dimebag Darrell got buired ina Kiss casket.

Those of articles on how they influenced a huge amount of alternative bands stateside because of it was the first time many kids had been exposed to rock music.

Have a little search around. Its super interesting, as it was really different in the UK with Post-Punk etc.

• Members
16 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Kiss wwere MASSIVE in the states in the 70s, when many of the grunge/alternative artists were growing up and so they picked up their guitars as Ace Farely was a huge influence.

Melvins, Soundgarden, Peral Jam, Dinosaur Jr....they influenced a huge amount. In metal Dimebag Darrell got buired ina Kiss casket.

Those of articles on how they influenced a huge amount of alternative bands stateside because of it was the first time many kids had been exposed to rock music.

Have a little search around. Its super interesting, as it was really different in the UK with Post-Punk etc.

See out of them I’m not a massive fan of any of them  Pearl Jam I like 10, sound garden I like but again not a huge fan but mainly because I’ve not given them a huge chance, Nirvana I’m a massive fan, they are right up there for me, but I hear Beatles, kinks, famines influences with them not bastard Kiss

3 hours ago, Nordkurve said:

Not the Cover, but loved the inner gatefold of KISS Alive II

KissAlive2Gatefold.thumb.jpg.981d31d221e701d28dd26e793d2f979a.jpg

Whenever anything like this comes on the radio or she plays Bon Jovi, my Mrs looks at me and says "Gobshite American Fuckers" before I can say anything... she knows me too well.

1 hour ago, Rudy said:

See out of them I’m not a massive fan of any of them  Pearl Jam I like 10, sound garden I like but again not a huge fan but mainly because I’ve not given them a huge chance, Nirvana I’m a massive fan, they are right up there for me, but I hear Beatles, kinks, famines influences with them not bastard Kiss

There's some great covers. Nirvana's one is great fun.

29 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

I thought it was a yo-yo trick we all learnt when that fab for fizzy drink yo-yos swept through the country.

What was that all about - I hankered after a gold one. The school let some obese lower league ex-players in once to do kick-ups with those mini-footballs also Coke branded, they were knackered after two minutes. We were not impressed.

I was addicted to Coke as a kid - I had a bottle next to my bedside, I had an ulcer at ten, I'd have a swig on waking and say 'ow, my stomach' if you collected bottle tops and sent them in you got cinema tickets - I used to wag school and use them to watch some shite and kill time.

Edited by Youri McAnespie

• Members

Right @Not in Crawley here’s what I propose

i pick a hip hop album I think is essential to listen to anything I choose unless you’ve heard it

You do the same with anything 

open minded then we discuss 

like a book club, but easier and less err gay

Edited by Rudy

Guest Nordkurve
14 hours ago, Rudy said:

Kiss can get in the bin

That was just a cover version for Bill and Ted or something. Yes, they were cheesy as fuck, but great to watch live.

Guest Nordkurve
12 hours ago, Dimron said:

Whenever anything like this comes on the radio or she plays Bon Jovi, my Mrs looks at me and says "Gobshite American Fuckers" before I can say anything... she knows me too well.

My Wife is the same. She fucking hates KISS with a passion, but I loved them back in the day. Other than that we like pretty much the same Groups.