Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

It's The Day Irish Feckers Get Even Drunker Than Every Other Day...

Youri McAnespie

6 hours ago, Rudy said:

Wife is a paddy so gets celebrated in our gaff. Colcannon, white pudding, sausages, mash and Guinness gravy tonight . Lovely stuff 

Is she a firecrotch? 

4 hours ago, L/H White said:

St George is a cunt 

Don't be daft pal everyone knows the day the media dare not talk about isn't until next week. 

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Francis Fogarty said:

Well, I've had a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon in a small pub on Lever St. which may, or may not be Great Lever (Youri will clarify) drinking Guinness. Not because of any Irish bloke, just because I like it.

So there.

Whatever you say FRANCIS FOGARTY

2 hours ago, Francis Fogarty said:

Well, I've had a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon in a small pub on Lever St. which may, or may not be Great Lever (Youri will clarify) drinking Guinness. Not because of any Irish bloke, just because I like it.

So there.

Lever Street is nowt because it was all mills and works, there was a banana plant iirc. Great Lever pretty much ends at the Mosque on Rishton Lane.

• Site Supporter
9 hours ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Lever Street is nowt because it was all mills and works, there was a banana plant iirc. Great Lever pretty much ends at the Mosque on Rishton Lane.

One of our posters worked for that banana importers once upon a time. Probably not at the Lever St. address though. They moved to Wingates.

• Site Supporter

Now, I'm not one to fall out, but according to Police UK the 'Little' pub I was quaffing Guinness  in yesterday is in fact in GL. I now find to my temporarily Guinness muddied brain, that I don't live in GL as I thought.

According the Rozzers UK the Western end of GL finishes near Sunnyside Park, and the Little John is slap bang in the middle.

Mind you according to the map GL extends further East even than Manny Rd.

I'm not being a grass am I, looking on their website ?

4 hours ago, MickyD said:

One of our posters worked for that banana importers once upon a time. Probably not at the Lever St. address though. They moved to Wingates.

I'm sure it was called 'Duches Jamaica Bananas' - due to being ill a lot I missed a lot of reception, I can remember being called up to the desk in infant one to read some book about two poshos and their dog, didn't have the foggiest. Me and my dad used to drive past a mill that had 'to let' on it, thought it was a giant bog. Teaching was atrocious in the 80's, I honestly taught myself to read, Gerald Durrell, 'Nam magazine (sister's boyfriend's), Asterix and ghost stuff. If I'd left it to them I'd have been illiterate.

10 hours ago, Francis Fogarty said:

Now, I'm not one to fall out, but according to Police UK the 'Little' pub I was quaffing Guinness  in yesterday is in fact in GL. I now find to my temporarily Guinness muddied brain, that I don't live in GL as I thought.

According the Rozzers UK the Western end of GL finishes near Sunnyside Park, and the Little John is slap bang in the middle.

Mind you according to the map GL extends further East even than Manny Rd.

I'm not being a grass am I, looking on their website ?

Non of the dibble live in Bolton so what the fuck do they know, it was termed 'industrial area' because it was one. Manny Road is Burnden hence the term 'Burnden Park'.