Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Don't one arrow terracotta plant pots.

• Site Supporter

Was doing a job yesterday, which involved taking plants out of pots and putting them in the ground.

One pot is a terracotta job; some damage and cracks but largely intact. 

She can't get the plant out, so lad decides to do his finest Tyson Fury impression.

The fucker didn't break, whereas his knuckle did. Knobhead. 🤪

The joys of being 17.

Any other mentalist teen injuries?

• Site Supporter

I broke my coccyx trying to jump into a moving car like it was the Dukes of Hazard.

Missed by a mile and landed on the edge of the kerb full on my bum bone.

Hurts like fuck I tell you.

5 minutes ago, Spider said:

I broke my coccyx trying to jump into a moving car like it was the Dukes of Hazard.

Starsky or Hutch did that too. Blonde one 

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, Spider said:

Always remember primary school teacher warning us about landing on the coccyx. Kids pulling chairs from under each other as they were sitting down displeased him, so he said it can kill you. True or not, it stuck.

• Site Supporter
18 minutes ago, Spider said:

Did you jump up and carry on as if nothing had happened ?

• Members

Gave my mate a backie on my bmx. He said what would you do if I tried to put you in a sleeper hold, I said this

Tried bunny hopping the kerb, hit it wrong, ended up with the uncovered handlebar into my stomach muscle, pissing out claret , and my mate knocked out on the middle of the road. Luckily it was down the hill to the hospital from plodder lane. I ended up with stitches in my stomach my mate ended up with stitches in his forehead. 

Good times. 

• Site Supporter

Trying to fit pallets in a van,  and the last one wouldn't quite fit. I'm lifting it trying to gently move it in and tge customer kicks the bottom and jams my hand.. 3 dislocated fingers and one broken.. thankfully on my left (cack) hand. 

• Site Supporter

8yrs old, flying about on bikes with mates, misjudged a corner & ploughed straight into a wall...shot forward off the seat onto the frame & played a cannon & knocked both balls into the same sack, never known pain like it!! 

Glad I had no idea about the joys of sex back then or I would have cried even more 😁

Edited by RONNIE PHILLIPS

• Members
17 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

8yrs old, flying about on bikes with mates, misjudged a corner & ploughed straight into a wall...shot forward off the seat onto the frame & played a cannon & knocked both balls into the same sack, never known pain like it!! 

Glad I had no idea about the joys of sex back then or I would have cried even more 😁

Like this? 

• Members
4 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Jumped through a chemist window, 14 stitches in my elbow. Was my first night out with our peg. She waited in A&E with me all night then I went straight to V99.

The fuckin irony 😂

• Site Supporter

Not me but a lad I worked with. 
both 1st year apprentices in plant hire. 
tasked with rebuilding an engine from a generator. 
had it on the test bench and started it up, minus the generator,  little trickle of oil on the outside edge of the wheel, because we’ve not put the seal in quite right . 
flywheel going so fast on a running engine can look still and the film of oil just making a complete ring around the edge .
even struggling to type this as I remember him putting his finger in a rag and on to the flywheel to wipe it off . Last thing he ever did with the tip of that finger and not much else with that hand for a while 🤢 

the generator did get fixed and go out and earn though 

• Members

Dad had a portacabin dropped on his finger whilst pushing it into place on a site. De-sleeved it and passed out. Kept it in a jar the dirty bastard and every year we get to see a pic of it on its anniversary 🤢

Edited by bolton_blondie

12 minutes ago, Traf said:

See, now we're talking about real pain.
Standing on a plug/lego type of pain.

I once had my Mrs moaning in my ear constantly about the pain of labour for 4 days whilst she got free drugs to sleep and rest and I had to pay hospital prices for food and drinks. 

And I couldn't read my Thursday paper until Sunday when she got an epidural. 

Fucking liberties 

• Members
57 minutes ago, stevieb said:

I once had my Mrs moaning in my ear constantly about the pain of labour for 4 days whilst she got free drugs to sleep and rest and I had to pay hospital prices for food and drinks. 

And I couldn't read my Thursday paper until Sunday when she got an epidural. 

Fucking liberties 

Poor woman. Mine was a breeze. Women hate me when I say that 😂😂