Jump to content
Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Fleetwood (A)


burnden

Recommended Posts

48 minutes ago, tomski said:

Spot on. Lot of whinging going on for a lottery.

Argo made a farce of Bristol tickets as well. Points system is 10 points per game so ST gets you 230. Priority was set at 280 so every away game at that stage, then 2 days later 230 so 9000 ST holders after 1200 tickets crashed website

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Over complicating , it is pretty easy....

10 points per away game 

first is season tickets with away season ticket

second season tickets max points

third season ticket holders 10 points less etc etc 

The club should know how many people have certain level of points, so you could start at lower  number of points  but priority is season tickets holders who stump up up front. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, green genie said:

Argo made a farce of Bristol tickets as well. Points system is 10 points per game so ST gets you 230. Priority was set at 280 so every away game at that stage, then 2 days later 230 so 9000 ST holders after 1200 tickets crashed website

perhaps 270 / 260 / 250 / 240 day by day might have been better?
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Ani said:

Over complicating , it is pretty easy....

10 points per away game 

first is season tickets with away season ticket

second season tickets max points

third season ticket holders 10 points less etc etc 

The club should know how many people have certain level of points, so you could start at lower  number of points  but priority is season tickets holders who stump up up front. 

You missed out people on the inside getting handfuls of tickets for their mates :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, green genie said:

Argo made a farce of Bristol tickets as well. Points system is 10 points per game so ST gets you 230. Priority was set at 280 so every away game at that stage, then 2 days later 230 so 9000 ST holders after 1200 tickets crashed website

Think that’s where I’m at. It would be wrong regardless.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Ani said:

Point is it should not be such a lottery. 

Impossible to keep everyone happy for 1k tickets for a local game. 
 

Put a point system in then folk will moan again about how many miles they’ve travelled etc etc.

I think you should get points for not going and thus leaving everyone else to crack on. 

No away games then you get a box on the last day or summat like that.
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, tomski said:

Impossible to keep everyone happy for 1k tickets for a local game. 
 

Put a point system in then folk will moan again about how many miles they’ve travelled etc etc.

I think you should get points for not going and thus leaving everyone else to crack on. 

No away games then you get a box on the last day or summat like that.
 

😀  Made me laugh that. 

Maybe an on pitch presentation at the last game to acknowledge a whole season of selflessly staying at home.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ani said:

Over complicating , it is pretty easy....

10 points per away game 

first is season tickets with away season ticket

second season tickets max points

third season ticket holders 10 points less etc etc 

The club should know how many people have certain level of points, so you could start at lower  number of points  but priority is season tickets holders who stump up up front. 

Home tickets should count. Especially the shit ones.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, MickyD said:

Yes, my lad is my ticket tout. 😀

On a serious point, what crowds do Fleetwood normally get? They’d be better shoving all their fans in one side and one end and give us the rest, like Accrington did last week. That’s the way a small-time club should deal with the visit of larger teams. Bloody pointless having a half empty ground when folk wanting tickets can’t get them.

 

Capacity 5,327.  Average 3,385.  Not sure how many are away fans but presume about 2.5k home fans.

Their ground, similar to Accy with terraces behind the goals (but away end smaller at Fleetwood), and seated down each side.  But the difference is the one that isn't the main posh stand only starts on the halfway line, one half is just offices or buildings.  So if they put away fans in that stand for one its very small and second its right next to their main home end, well away from the away end.  Its probably used as a family stand or something, can't blame a club not wanting to only have 2 sides of their own, and they do get about 1k home fans more than Accy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, tomski said:

Impossible to keep everyone happy for 1k tickets for a local game. 
 

Put a point system in then folk will moan again about how many miles they’ve travelled etc etc.

I think you should get points for not going and thus leaving everyone else to crack on. 

No away games then you get a box on the last day or summat like that.
 

😀😀

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, green genie said:

That was consensus on the socials. 
Yoof Snr wasn’t happy as only missed one away, but luckily fastest finger prevailed

Must be impossible to sit together unless you each have the same number of points? (I appreciate Exeter and Fleetwood is mainly standing, but thinking of other grounds).  If 3 want to sit together maybe you only apply when the one with the least points is eligible...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Big E said:

Home tickets should count. Especially the shit ones.

don't know how it works now but Englandfans went from 1pt a home and 2pts away to 2pts for a home and 1pt for a away because nobody was arsed about home games.   As I've only missed one league game up to now (port Vale away) I reckon I'd still of been lucky to get a ticket with a points system.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Johnnyrotten said:

😀  Made me laugh that. 

Maybe an on pitch presentation at the last game to acknowledge a whole season of selflessly staying at home.

Yep. Just annoyed I cocked up by going Cheltenham away. 
 

Get on the pitch. Get the microphone and say something like them life insurance ads.

Hi I’m tomski 

Im nearly 40

I don’t smoke 

I haven’t done an away selflessly for 9 months!!  

Everyone then claps
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

How many away tickets actually end up in the hands of the season ticket holder whose client ref was actually used?

There must be plenty of season ticket holders who have, according to the club's records, attended shit loads of away games ... but in reality they've been to hardly any.

Everyone can moan about how it's not fair that they've been all over the country watching us, but can't get a ticket for a game like Fleetwood, but no doubt the majority will have at some point asked "Anyone got any client references?" On a Whatsapp group.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DazBob said:

How many away tickets actually end up in the hands of the season ticket holder whose client ref was actually used?

There must be plenty of season ticket holders who have, according to the club's records, attended shit loads of away games ... but in reality they've been to hardly any.

Everyone can moan about how it's not fair that they've been all over the country watching us, but can't get a ticket for a game like Fleetwood, but no doubt the majority will have at some point asked "Anyone got any client references?" On a Whatsapp group.

Grass

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
10 minutes ago, DazBob said:

How many away tickets actually end up in the hands of the season ticket holder whose client ref was actually used?

There must be plenty of season ticket holders who have, according to the club's records, attended shit loads of away games ... but in reality they've been to hardly any.

Everyone can moan about how it's not fair that they've been all over the country watching us, but can't get a ticket for a game like Fleetwood, but no doubt the majority will have at some point asked "Anyone got any client references?" On a Whatsapp group.

ive bought the odd one for southern sth

generally games down there where theres plenty to go round

 

my big gripe which i keep banging on about is that a transaction is limited to 10, so if im getting more than that, ive not got time to be fucking about assigning to the right person

 

need to get first transaction boxed off and onto the next one, hopefully before it times out

useless bag of shit that it is

 

 

im aware if the 10 limit is removed, somebody could bag 100, CRN's permitting, which wouldnt be great either

 

ive still got an issue with em going on sale at 10am too, when most folk are at work

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, DazBob said:

How many away tickets actually end up in the hands of the season ticket holder whose client ref was actually used?

There must be plenty of season ticket holders who have, according to the club's records, attended shit loads of away games ... but in reality they've been to hardly any.

Everyone can moan about how it's not fair that they've been all over the country watching us, but can't get a ticket for a game like Fleetwood, but no doubt the majority will have at some point asked "Anyone got any client references?" On a Whatsapp group.

That’s something that happens with pretty much all of the clubs with loyalty points that people just keep buying their tickets to stay at the top of the tree and then flog them. Fairly sure England games now have to be collected in person for away games for that reason but I could be wrong - it’s certainly something DMBs do with their European games.

The difference for us is that we have enough games that we don’t sell out, so you’d have to be pretty brave (or flush) to buy for Plymouth away on a Tuesday with no intention of going and nobody to sell your ticket to

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
2 minutes ago, Casino said:

ive bought the odd one for southern sth

generally games down there where theres plenty to go round

 

my big gripe which i keep banging on about is that a transaction is limited to 10, so if im getting more than that, ive not got time to be fucking about assigning to the right person

 

need to get first transaction boxed off and onto the next one, hopefully before it times out

useless bag of shit that it is

 

 

im aware if the 10 limit is removed, somebody could bag 100, CRN's permitting, which wouldnt be great either

 

ive still got an issue with em going on sale at 10am too, when most folk are at work

Not sure if you're missing my point.  

My point being there will be a season ticket holder somewhere who will not have actually been to an away game this season, but records will show he's been to loads.  That's where any kind of points system falls down IMO.

Only thing for it is to receive a stamp on your arm when you actually go through the turnstile at the away game. One that can't be washed off.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
2 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Not sure if you're missing my point.  

My point being there will be a season ticket holder somewhere who will not have actually been to an away game this season, but records will show he's been to loads.  That's where any kind of points system falls down IMO.

Only thing for it is to receive a stamp on your arm when you actually go through the turnstile at the away game. One that can't be washed off.

got that, but went off on my much more important point  :)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.