Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Christmas Thread

gonzo

1 minute ago, stevieb said:

Saw the thread title and instantly thought of last year's mushy peas revelation. 

Amazing! 🤣 

I'm having venison this year. Kids are being told it's generic meat. Don't need em knowing they're eating rudolph

Is it not quite expensive ? I will leave punchline to others. 

Our Xmas will be very quiet although step kids are older they alternate houses each Xmas and at their dads this year. Family fall out means brother law and his kids won't be coming round. So just me, the missus and her mum. 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

It's not my remit to tell to say what to buy or anything like that. But a mascot sounds something he would love 

Big presents earlier on then the mascot at the end 

He would. There's no "big present" though. That's the problem. 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, globaldiver said:

Does he have a dart board? I got one about that age and me and my dad would play for hours. I’d aim for 19, of course. 

I've already bought him a dart board. And a snooker cue 😁

14 minutes ago, Cheese said:

He's a season ticket holder, and he did ask how kids became mascots on Saturday because there were about 10 of them having a kickabout in the technical area at half time. He would love it, but I've been conditioned to think he needs immediate gratification on Christmas morning. I'll bear it in mind. Cheers.

Im sure I've read recently they aren't taking anymore bookings for it.

We did it for my lads Birthday the other year. Was brilliant tbf. We wrapped the kit up with his name on back and did the email confirmation all fancy in a box.

• Site Supporter
Just now, gonzo said:

Im sure I've read recently they aren't taking anymore bookings for it.

We did it for my lads Birthday the other year. Was brilliant tbf. We wrapped the kit up with his name on back and did the email confirmation all fancy in a box.

Yeah, pretty sure I've missed the boat on anything like that. Maybe next year there'll be some available on the 19th of December because I haven't planned anything.

49 minutes ago, Cheese said:

I've already bought him a dart board. And a snooker cue 😁

😀

A musical instrument?

Drums can be popular!

how about learning to scuba dive? I wish learned as a kid. Perhaps a snorkelling kit. I learned at Eccleston quarry, which is your way, I think.

• Site Supporter
25 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

Boring boring song sheets. 

Kolo kolo kolo kolo kolo kolo kolo toure 

yaya yaya yaya yaya yaya yaya yaya toure

stand up if you love the darts stand up if you love the darts stand up if you love the darts stand up if you love the darts

think we’re done.

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, globaldiver said:

😀

A musical instrument?

Drums can be popular!

how about learning to scuba dive? I wish learned as a kid. Perhaps a snorkelling kit. I learned at Eccleston quarry, which is your way, I think.

Don't fucking talk about musical instruments. He's got a Fender Strat, an acoustic, an electronic drum kit, a keyboard, the lot. Recording software on his PC. I'd be absolutely fuming if he wasn't the lovely lad he is. Proper over-compensated trying to give him stuff I didn't have.

Fishing stuff is probably my next port of call.

Edited by Cheese

• Site Supporter
Just now, Cheese said:

Don't fucking talk about musical instruments. He's got a Fender Strat, and acoustic, an electronic drum kit, a keyboard, the lot. Recording software on his PC. I'd be absolutely fuming if he wasn't the lovely lad he is. Proper over-compensated trying to give him stuff I didn't have.

Buy him a football and tell him to fuck off outside and get some fresh air.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Don't fucking talk about musical instruments. He's got a Fender Strat, an acoustic, an electronic drum kit, a keyboard, the lot. Recording software on his PC. I'd be absolutely fuming if he wasn't the lovely lad he is. Proper over-compensated trying to give him stuff I didn't have.

Brexit really is hurting the Cheese household 😇

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Buy him a football and tell him to fuck off outside and get some fresh air.

He'd much rather be out kicking a ball or fishing. I have the problem, not him.

Edited by Cheese

• Site Supporter
Just now, globaldiver said:

What sporting kit does he not currently have?

A trip to OT for the Ashes?

I've already said too much. Starting to sound like he's a spoilt brat, but he's the exact opposite. He'd give everything he owns to another kid if they wanted it. Or swap it all for a day out fishing with me. I'm just a shit dad who's been brainwashed to think 'objects' are important. I'm the failure in this scenario.

1 minute ago, Cheese said:

I've already said too much. Starting to sound like he's a spoilt brat, but he's the exact opposite. He'd give everything he owns to another kid if they wanted it. Or swap it all for a day out fishing with me. I'm just a shit dad who's been brainwashed to think 'objects' are important. I'm the failure in this scenario.

Just give us more time next year. I’m sure you are only trying to do your best, sounds like he’ll work out just fine.