Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Pop Master

Whitestar

2 minutes ago, globaldiver said:

I don’t listen to the radio so often, I realise.

Popmaster, bit of R2 when driving, unless I’m allowed Spotify for jazz. And 🏏.

All is frgamented as you say. 

Radio 4 morning, owrld at one and PM, bit of radio 6 if I fancy.

in-between loads and loads of podcasts and trying to discover new music that I might like through small label's playlists on spotify.

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, Whitestar said:

End of an era.

Thats my mornings listening goosed, can't stand zoe balls show😞

He'll be on Greatest Hits Radio from 10 till 1 from April 3rd.

• Site Supporter
15 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

I have to say Mary Ann Hobbs makes my teeth itch though.

Her voice is very annoying, coupled with her earnest sincerity she always sounds like she’s about to burst into tears

• Site Supporter
54 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

I know...here's a new one by uterbongobong....sob...it's just beautiful..

I know it's the job to promote the content, but she recently had a session with Caroline Polachek (who is excellent) and you'd have thought she'd dug up the dead Beatles, put them back with the living ones and done a 20 song set with the ghost of Bowie on backing vocals.

It's like when Jo Whiley is at Glastonbury and acts like she's riding the crest of a 5 day orgasm being delivered direct to her womb from a ley line shaped like a gigantic penis.

Calm down.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Spider said:

It's like when Jo Whiley is at Glastonbury and acts like she's riding the crest of a 5 day orgasm being delivered direct to her womb from a ley line shaped like a gigantic penis.

😁

whilst stood with Mark Radcliffe who just comes across as dead nonchalant about it all

1 hour ago, Spider said:

I know it's the job to promote the content, but she recently had a session with Caroline Polachek (who is excellent) and you'd have thought she'd dug up the dead Beatles, put them back with the living ones and done a 20 song set with the ghost of Bowie on backing vocals.

Calm down.

She's never got over the fact Bono dumped her.

• Site Supporter
20 minutes ago, Zico said:

😁

whilst stood with Mark Radcliffe who just comes across as dead nonchalant about it all

Aye

He's probably aware that Whiley gets to use her own toilet and doesn't have to stare into a mountain of piss and shit 5 times a day, which probably takes the mystical edge off proceedings for everyone else.

1 minute ago, Spider said:

Aye

He's probably aware that Whiley gets to use her own toilet and doesn't have to stare into a mountain of piss and shit 5 times a day, which probably takes the mystical edge off proceedings for everyone else.

One Glastonbury, fell asleep with my head out of my tent after imbibing a bit too much.

Woke up with human poo near my head.

That was lovely. Same year they sprayed shit inside the dance tent. Only year we left early.

• Site Supporter

It's probably a bad reflection of me but I have never been to a proper festival.  Nor a live stadium gig of some big band or singer.

They just don't appeal for some reason. Been to countless gigs of mates bands and friends of friends/ recommended bands etc but never fancied the step up.

7 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

It's probably a bad reflection of me but I have never been to a proper festival.  Nor a live stadium gig of some big band or singer.

They just don't appeal for some reason. Been to countless gigs of mates bands and friends of friends/ recommended bands etc but never fancied the step up.

Had a weekend a small local festival, as a mate is the organiser, and it was OK, pleasant surroundings, a few drinks with mates and some interesting music. 

Went to Knebworth for Oasis, as it was an event. Again, ok, but wouldn’t bother again.

Much prefer gigs at Apollo-type, or smaller theatres.

I reckon you are on the right side of things.

• Site Supporter
45 minutes ago, Winchester White said:

Live music is great in any shape or form

theres a lot of snobbery around it at times but you like what you like.

I prefer smaller, more intimate gigs too. Watched loads of bands do small venues that have then go on to be massive, stadium outfits. It’s how it goes. Seen the likes of Foo fighters, Coldplay, oasis when they were playing the academy.

As a younger chap, I’d go and watch bands I’d never heard of on the off chance. Seen some absolute rotters along the way, but always had a good night, can’t whack it.