Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Meanwhile in Nottingham

My best friend lives in Nottingham. Couldn’t get hold of him yesterday morning so I was flicking through the news channels to find out what was happening. Happened to be that GB News was the only station covering it at the time. Never watched the channel before and hopefully never will again. Presenters were pressing a witness to tell them what the suspect looked like. After a fair amount of badgering he eventually said that the suspect looked “darked skinned”. Presenters couldn't have looked happier.

14 minutes ago, wiggy said:

My best friend lives in Nottingham. Couldn’t get hold of him yesterday morning so I was flicking through the news channels to find out what was happening. Happened to be that GB News was the only station covering it at the time. Never watched the channel before and hopefully never will again. Presenters were pressing a witness to tell them what the suspect looked like. After a fair amount of badgering he eventually said that the suspect looked “darked skinned”. Presenters couldn't have looked happier.

can you pop this in the award winning gb news thread to

17 minutes ago, wiggy said:

Up there with worst of journalism. Pure scumbags looking to make an awful situation worse. 

30 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

The overwhelming vast majority of people would prefer to get to the crux of the matter… and that his how this fella is allowed to wander our streets and who failed those poor folk murdered, when it all comes out let’s hope that lessons are finally learned. As for Paul Goulding twitter feed, never heard of him and wouldn’t want to sully my thought process listening to him and his followers… why visit his twitter feed? 

Our friend posts links all day on a group we are both in :D

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, wiggy said:

Weirdly, I also watched it - as you say the only station to be covering it at the time. Maybe something the other channels should look at?

During that time, the only witness I saw interviewed was the chap who shot the video of his arrest.

At no point in his interview was there a "fair amount of badgering" going on. Unless you saw a different witness then your comments misrepresent the situation.

Discussions were held generally as to whether it was a terrorist attack and an security expert and a former police officer were interviewed for their input. 

Given the nature of the incident, and without being wholly committal, they explained it bore halmarks of one.

Of course the station is quite open to criticising migration issues etc, but there is nothimg wrong in that, nor does it mean there is anything wrong in trying to ascertain what actually went on during the incident.

14 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

Here he comes

Walking down the street

Time for whataboutery 

With everyone he meets

Hey hey its Royal White!

Funny thing is it was a discussion about whether a person should be in prison here or deported elsewhere to walk free.

And that’s somehow related to this horrific murder. 

And before we even know the facts.

Whataboutery at its finest…

p.s. your song is shite ❤️

Edited by London Wanderer

19 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Funny thing is it was a discussion about whether a person should be in prison here or deported elsewhere to walk free.

Its not my song, its Tommy Boyce's

45 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

😂😂😂

1 hour ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Weirdly, I also watched it - as you say the only station to be covering it at the time. Maybe something the other channels should look at?

During that time, the only witness I saw interviewed was the chap who shot the video of his arrest.

At no point in his interview was there a "fair amount of badgering" going on. Unless you saw a different witness then your comments misrepresent the situation.

Discussions were held generally as to whether it was a terrorist attack and an security expert and a former police officer were interviewed for their input. 

Given the nature of the incident, and without being wholly committal, they explained it bore halmarks of one.

Of course the station is quite open to criticising migration issues etc, but there is nothimg wrong in that, nor does it mean there is anything wrong in trying to ascertain what actually went on during the incident.

I didn’t see the interview with the person who shot the video so this must have been a different witness.

• Site Supporter
25 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

I think they've been nominated for some that are voted for by the public but I'm not sure they've won anything yet? Could be wrong like - its not something I have huge interest in.

FAKE NEWS. TMGJ said they've won a few. And he should know, as he actually watches it.

The media have a responsibility to wait until we know all the facts. The Cardiff riots showed the damage social media does when rumours circulate. GB news and the Daily Mail desperately trying to find out if he’s an immigrant with previous convictions isn’t helpful just yet. That’s a debate for another time. It’s irresponsible journalism, but it gets them clicks so they do it. 

It’s beyond weird that some see this tragedy and get a hard on, thinking here’s my chance to make a point about deporting criminals, before we know anything.

Edited by London Wanderer

14 minutes ago, Cheese said:

FAKE NEWS. TMGJ said they've won a few. And he should know, as he actually watches it.

Oh hang on. It appears Holmes won a TRIC award for New Presenter of the year last year. 

But the best thing about this is I found some of the coments under the you tube clip most diverting.

They are not happy with 'wokery' at all.

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, L/H White said:

I'm not your fucking PA. 

Anyway, don't judge me but it's from talk TV. Unsure if they've won any awards or not.

Nice one, fucking PA. Sterling work. I never judge my employees.