Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Derby County (H)

Zico

• Moderators

they aren't happy about ticket prices

£30

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derby-county-bolton-ticket-prices-8675378

they charged us £24 last season

and Wigan £20 a few weeks ago

(also, they got 5,159 as opposed to Wigan's 4,700 so guess that's the last couple of blocks near the scoreboard)

14 minutes ago, Zico said:

they aren't happy about ticket prices

£30

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derby-county-bolton-ticket-prices-8675378

they charged us £24 last season

and Wigan £20 a few weeks ago

(also, they got 5,159 as opposed to Wigan's 4,700 so guess that's the last couple of blocks near the scoreboard)

Fuck em

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, tomski said:

I’m inclined to agree with them. Same time I don’t care enough. If it’s not what I deem value, then I’ll simply sack it off. 

This.

A dear do for third division football. 

Should away numbers start to drop, maybe they would think again.

7 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

This.

A dear do for third division football. 

Should away numbers start to drop, maybe they would think again.

Might as well add that the less away is better for me as a non finance man or attendance guru. Any advantage to win for me.

7 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Do we (the club) contact our opponents at the start of each season and agree a price for tickets? 

No. There are the odd occasion that clubs will get their heads together and agree reduced price reciprocal deals (as Derby and Latics clearly have, just as we used to do with Blackburn) but it has to make sense for both sides.

From Derby’s point of view they were on to a winner as they were never likely to rake it in from a big following from Wigan so might as well get their fans a good deal for the away game.

From our point of view, why would we surrender a tenner a head from a club who crow about how big they are and tbf comfortably sold out at similar prices last season? The ones moaning would be the same clowns that reckoned we were “cheating” by paying out money for players that we didn’t have. 

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, tomski said:

Might as well add that the less away is better for me as a non finance man or attendance guru. Any advantage to win for me.

Indeed.

Never been overly enthused by noisy away end, prefer meek and deflated! :)

I suppose it's where FV feel the balance lies for maximising revenue whilst helping the whites on the pitch.

3 hours ago, radcliffe white said:

Big as they claim I’m sure they will shift them 

That’s also what makes it (arguably) wrong. If we get drawn v Liverpool or Man U in cup we could charge £70 and still sell out, surely that’s not the issue.  My brother & nephew can only get to x number of games a season, they look forward to those games (home or away) weeks before prices are even mentioned. Price never comes into it, if they can go and tickets are available, they go. Putting prices up takes advantage of people like that, plenty with tighter finances are in same boat.

1 minute ago, Johnnyrotten said:

That’s also what makes it (arguably) wrong. If we get drawn v Liverpool or Man U in cup we could charge £70 and still sell out, surely that’s not the issue.  My brother & nephew can only get to x number of games a season, they look forward to those games (home or away) weeks before prices are even mentioned. Price never comes into it, if they can go and tickets are available, they go. Putting prices up takes advantage of people like that, plenty with tighter finances are in same boat.

I agree and £30 for L1 football is just wrong 

They’re charging Pompey £28 a week Or 2 after. Yes it is steep but it’s a wider football problem. 

whilst I do agree with the twenty’s plenty approach and what the Prem are doing to cap simple fact of the matter is they can afford too. Clubs at our level have to take advantage of the pay days when they come along. 

policing, stewarding and catering of that stand probably doesn’t put it in to profit for the majority of the season