Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Prison sentences

Big E

Anyone else get the feeling we are finally getting some sentences that may deter criminals. 

the 4 men sentenced today for the Ashley Dale murder all got 40+ years before they can apply for parole. 

seems a lot higher than they used to be or have I just not noticed before

Deffo seems to have been a few whoppers handed out recently.

Some of the drug related one are mega. Lad round here just got 18 years for running a small time cocaine racket.

Basically just sorting his mates out, nothing massive. Bosh 18 years inside.

Fook that.

1 minute ago, royal white said:

There’s seems to be a lot of inconsistency, especially with your nonce/paedo type sentences. You see some getting a few weeks and others over 10 years.

I think its done on the number of images and what grade they are. Lots of grade A gets you a longer time inside whereas a few grade C might get you a suspended. Both will though get you on the nonce register. 

• Moderators

saw this yesterday

UN criticises 'severe' Just Stop Oil sentences

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cn0p6ll3jjgo

• The UN has warned the UK over long sentences for two Just Stop Oil protesters

• It said in a letter it was worried about "rights to freedom of expression"

• They caused gridlock after climbing the Dartford Crossing bridge

• The government says the "law-abiding majority" must be able to go about their lives

The protesters caused traffic gridlock after scaling the Dartford Crossing Bridge for almost 40 hours in October last year.

Morgan Trowland, 40, was jailed for three years and Marcus Decker, 34, for two years for causing a public nuisance.

43 minutes ago, Big E said:

Anyone else get the feeling we are finally getting some sentences that may deter criminals. 

the 4 men sentenced today for the Ashley Dale murder all got 40+ years before they can apply for parole. 

I did see those sentences earlier and was relieved that the length of time, did indeed fit the crime. Proper sentences and hopefully enough to make a few bellends think twice about pulling a trigger in future

2 hours ago, royal white said:

There’s seems to be a lot of inconsistency, especially with your nonce/paedo type sentences. You see some getting a few weeks and others over 10 years.

aye that's the problem for me, nonces seem to get off very light

i know of someone who's just got 4 years for prescription stuff, thought it was on the high side as never really heard of anyone getting a sentence for that stuff

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Zico said:

saw this yesterday

• The government says the "law-abiding majority" must be able to go about their lives

The protesters caused traffic gridlock after scaling the Dartford Crossing Bridge for almost 40 hours in October last year.

Morgan Trowland, 40, was jailed for three years and Marcus Decker, 34, for two years for causing a public nuisance.

Excellent sentences.

They'll be in a dilemma though, when diesel trucks deliver the prison food.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Big E said:

pity that the girls death wont put others off getting involved with scrotes

Sentences for murders involving firearms in public places will always attract lengthy sentences (30 years+) but it also depends on the judge

The judge who sentenced the four today was the same judge who sentenced Connor Chapman to a minimum of 48 years for murdering Elle Edwards

Sentencing for other types of offences remain an absolute joke though

6 minutes ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Sentences for murders involving firearms in public places will always attract lengthy sentences (30 years+) but it also depends on the judge

The judge who sentenced the four today was the same judge who sentenced Connor Chapman to a minimum of 48 years for murdering Elle Edwards

Sentencing for other types of offences remain an absolute joke though

Then he should be the judge for all these cases.

4 hours ago, Zico said:

saw this yesterday

Good. Tramps

• Site Supporter

Feel that carrying a knife as a weapon, should have an instant life sentence, before any pedantic people start, there is a world of difference travelling back from boundary mill with a new knife set, to taking one from the kitchen and roaming the streets, anything

Murders shouldn't see daylight again.. Shouldn't have families knowing that murderer might one day be walking the streets. 

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, only1swanny said:

Feel that carrying a knife as a weapon, should have an instant life sentence, before any pedantic people start, there is a world of difference travelling back from boundary mill with a new knife set, to taking one from the kitchen and roaming the streets, anything

Murders shouldn't see daylight again.. Shouldn't have families knowing that murderer might one day be walking the streets. 

I agree with the sentiment but someone might be carrying one out of self defence or something so life sentence might be a bit harsh 

45 minutes ago, Zico said:

I agree with the sentiment but someone might be carrying one out of self defence or something so life sentence might be a bit harsh 

Then it’s not murder which is the unlawful killing of another human without justification or valid excuse. 

Edited by freds dad

• Site Supporter
23 minutes ago, only1swanny said:

What other reason could you have, even by saying as defence, you're admitting you are willing to use it if need be. 

To put someone else off using a knife on you.

To cut a knot.

To slice a steak.

I agree with you though, in that there seems to be lot of machete attacks that deserve a longer prison sentences.

I've seen some horrendous shit on twitter that I hope folk don't get away with but probably do.