Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Joey Barton

royal white

41 minutes ago, captainmed said:

You’ve got to love the guy.

He says what most think/know if they are being honest about it. 

Box ticking. 

I just watch the 90 mins of the game these days.

I always mute the analysis when women are in the studio. 

Dear me. 

I also take a lead from my good mate who knows more about the game than most people on here; not only is she an a great and qualified coach, runs a few clubs but she also made that famous Leyton Orient documentary.

To say all women pundits are crap, is daft.

It's like turning off any male pundit because Clinton Morrison talks nonsense.

55 minutes ago, captainmed said:

You’ve got to love the guy.

He says what most think/know if they are being honest about it. 

Box ticking. 

I just watch the 90 mins of the game these days.

I always mute the analysis when women are in the studio. 

Unless they're fit ones, obvs.......

14 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

I’d rather listen to Emma hayes who is an excellent coach than anything Clinton Morrison or Micah Richards have to say.

yes both of those are poor also, both muted 

thing is, there ins't one decent famale pundit / comms person, there's a handful of decent fellas

6 minutes ago, L/H White said:

not one.

broadcasters on the other hand, there is some really good ones, emma paton who does the darts, is very good, well spoken and very knowledgeable 

about darts? - fuck off, who needs any knowledge for that

15 minutes ago, L/H White said:

yes both of those are poor also, both muted 

thing is, there ins't one decent famale pundit / comms person, there's a handful of decent fellas

I’ve just given you one, Emma Hayes. She is very insightful and as good as any male pundits

1 minute ago, Farrelli said:

I’ve just given you one, Emma Hayes. She is very insightful and as good as any male pundits

i'll give her a listen next time, anymore?

that karen carney is bad, complete car crash when she had a go on MNF at the start of the season, she been on since?

Just now, Farrelli said:

Emma Hayes

Aye shes alright. Cant think of many more. That lezzer that looks like Miami White is awful. 

Think the point is, with a pundit I want to hear an experts view. Maybe offer a bit of insight and something your average fan doesnt see. Danny Murphy is absolutely superb on that front. Knows the game inside and out.

With a woman shes just a fan like the rest of us.

Just now, L/H White said:

i'll give her a listen next time, anymore?

that karen carney is bad, complete car crash when she had a go on MNF at the start of the season, she been on since?

Not really but I could only name about three decent men out of dozens of bad ones. The point is that women are just as likely to be good pundits and Joey Barton is a lunatic with a sexist and racist agenda.

2 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Aye shes alright. Cant think of many more. That lezzer that looks like Miami White is awful. 

Think the point is, with a pundit I want to hear an experts view. Maybe offer a bit of insight and something your average fan doesnt see. Danny Murphy is absolutely superb on that front. Knows the game inside and out.

With a woman shes just a fan like the rest of us.

sexist pig, you are now blocked 

2 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

Not really but I could only name about three decent men out of dozens of bad ones. The point is that women are just as likely to be good pundits and Joey Barton is a lunatic with a sexist and racist agenda.

How can you be an expert in something you've never been involved in? Or played to a high standard?

1 minute ago, gonzo said:

How can you be an expert in something you've never been involved in? Or played to a high standard?

Some of the best players make the worst coaches. It is far from being a prerequisite to being a good manager. In fact if you can get your message across to players it doesn’t really matter. Football is a very simple game and often over complicated by male egos.

2 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

I’d be interested in what Serena Weigman has to say as well. In 20/30 years it will hardly be mentioned as the women’s game is going to go from strength to strength.

The sponsors will soon get fed up as long as 3 women and a dog are turning up to most WSL fixtures.

Just now, gonzo said:

The sponsors will soon get fed up as long as 3 women and a dog are turning up to most WSL fixtures.

I don’t agree. It is going to grow quicker than the men’s game which frankly is boring now at the top level.

7 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

I don’t agree. It is going to grow quicker than the men’s game which frankly is boring now at the top level.

The men's game doesn't need to grow, it's at it's peak level. Sell out prem matches every week etc

The women's game is growing, and still has a way to go, so whilst it's growing it'll always be bigger than the men's as it can't grow anymore from its current position 

11 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Rubbish. Admittedly I'm really invested in WSL as my daughter is really good (very unlike her father) plays for Canterbury Youth and has trials for Kent shortly - although she's trying to work out her best position- still think she's best on right wing but is determined to be a defensive centre mid.

Her coach is a massive Arsenal Women's supporter and the growth is huge in a very short space of time - also participation. There is just as many women's matches when we go on a Sunday morning as men's.

Things will change as this generation grows up, at our age there just wasn't a culture of women's football so its harder to be invested - that's understandable, but when we fall off our perch/are dribbling messes it won't be the same.

4 minutes ago, DirtySanchez said:

The men's game doesn't need to grow, it's at it's peak level. Sell out prem matches every week etc

The women's game is growing, and still has a way to go, so whilst it's growing it'll always be bigger than the men's as it can't grow anymore from its current position 

It’s growing for the rich clubs. Outside the prem is not healthy.  Anyway the women’s game is going to go from strength to strength IMO