Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Mascots

Big E

This fan engagement stuff got me thinking….surely we could have mascots at all the away games. Maybe run competitions. Give people the chance for their kids to be a mascot without paying for the pleasure. 

2 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Thinly veiled ‘abducting other people’s kids for a guaranteed ticket’

🤣🤣🤣 never even thought of that. 

I know they used to offer it out as @marple whites Junior did it a couple of times. 

just think it’s a good way to give folk a chance who wouldn’t normally 

40 minutes ago, Big E said:

This fan engagement stuff got me thinking….surely we could have mascots at all the away games. Maybe run competitions. Give people the chance for their kids to be a mascot without paying for the pleasure. 

be a non starter, Neil wants money off his customers, nothing else

1 hour ago, Big E said:

🤣🤣🤣 never even thought of that. 

I know they used to offer it out as @marple whites Junior did it a couple of times. 

just think it’s a good way to give folk a chance who wouldn’t normally 

There just used to be a list for each season and they would allocate you a game - had to sort your own tickets, travel etc

junior did wolves, Leeds, spurs (muamba day) and Blackburn away

aways used to be free, just needed the current kit and have match tickets- the experience then changed depending on who we were playing. th'eldest did it v Burnley in the 125 anniversary game; turns out didnt even need tickets, and they were great hosts. she had a full team photo, which is rare

image.png.39045666cc47768e3b3cfc4e7f19f2b5.png

54 minutes ago, Dr Faustus said:

aways used to be free, just needed the current kit and have match tickets- the experience then changed depending on who we were playing. th'eldest did it v Burnley in the 125 anniversary game; turns out didnt even need tickets, and they were great hosts. she had a full team photo, which is rare

Same back in 2012, lad was mascot at Chelsea. Chelsea looked after us, meal & drinks on next table to players wives 😆 Gave us a tour with the home mascots. Met John Moston, John Terry, Lamps etc. £49 each for tickets mind.

• Moderators

I'd happily but a decent sum of money if they let me don full kit and walk out holding Santos' hand

would pay even more if they let me do it with a pint and tab in hand

7 hours ago, C86 said:

Same back in 2012, lad was mascot at Chelsea. Chelsea looked after us, meal & drinks on next table to players wives 😆 Gave us a tour with the home mascots. Met John Moston, John Terry, Lamps etc. £49 each for tickets mind.

Did John Terry not charge you for meeting him?

9 hours ago, deeane Koontz said:

Did John Terry not charge you for meeting him?

PMSL, he was injured and it was at the time the Rio stuff was happening, tbf all the players/staff where approachable.

Coyle was manager and we went in the dressing room before the match just after the team arrived, it was obv there was a problem, the atmosphere wasn't the best, ushered in and out. Completely different from when lad was mascot at home just after Coyle arrived. TBF Coyle was always good with my lad, just a shame it didn't work out on the pitch.

19 hours ago, MickyD said:

You used to just put your kids names on a waiting list. My son and daughter were both joint mascots at WBA in Prem and at Wigan in a cup game.

Used to be won in the raffle at Junior Whites monthly get together. My brother won it once and I think Grampa Spencer had more fun seeing behind the scenes than he did.

1 hour ago, barryk32 said:

Charging for kids to be mascots is one of the things truely wrong in modern football.

There was one of Gartsides mates kids there getting the VIP treatment, my brother ended up knocking about with Johansen (probably just closest in size) and had more fun.