Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Oi- Book Worms

Bea Smith

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading Donnie Brasco now - it's f??cking great. Good film, so you know the book will be miles better.

Great film? I thought it was shit, average at best. Mind you I don't seem to like what other people so called critics do. I remember seeing "History of Violence" as all the critics said don't miss it. What a pile of shite, the Mrs fell a sleep on me shoulder.

Ah well, got to nick all her chocolate so not all bad...

Bollox forgot to add the book. Psycho - Stuart Pearce - funny in parts but just a really down to earth bloke who still does the odd sparky job for his mates.

Richard Pryors is a cracker!

Tales from his childhood.....where his family ran a string of knocking shops...the time he was abused.....his love of "pussy"...his love of coke....his freebasing incident when he set himself on fire....the day he walked off stage in front of an audience in vegas....the day he shot his wives car to bits....his heart bypass op....his battle with MS...his seven wifes...umpteen kids and grandkids...

Its got the lot..

:good:

Edited by Bigtoe

as mentioned damage done, one of the best reads ever

donnie brasco - not bad one of the better "mob" books

bloggs 19 - story of drugs, underworld criminality resulting in the range rover shootings and the tragic overdose of leah betts

catch me if you can - story of frank abagnale a fraudster who posed as amoungst other things a pilot dont let the film put you off

and if you want an autobiography read micheal watsons, you may find the details of his boxing career a little tedious(not sure if you like noble art misses c ) but his story after the eubank fight is compelling. if you havnt got a lump in your throat at the end you are made of stone.

i have the above books knocking around somehere i will dig them out and pass them on if any interest you

Peter and Jane for me. It's ace, it's got romance, drama and nature - brill.

It's like War and Peace it's taken me years to read it.

EDIT: For those of you that are sharp, I put Jack and Jill originally. Yet more proof that you should never post when you're hammered.

Edited by Big City Girl

Great film? I thought it was shit, average at best. Mind you I don't seem to like what other people so called critics do. I remember seeing "History of Violence" as all the critics said don't miss it. What a pile of shite, the Mrs fell a sleep on me shoulder.

Ah well, got to nick all her chocolate so not all bad...

Bollox forgot to add the book. Psycho - Stuart Pearce - funny in parts but just a really down to earth bloke who still does the odd sparky job for his mates.

I liked the film, not many others do, though. My old man said that History of Violence is w??nk, put me off watching it now.

Get 'Marching Powder' The Book I mean.

A belting read, about a bloke who got send down in Bolivia ( I Think).

I bought it for a holiday, but had finished it off in 2 days.

Could'nt put it down.

Who did you get to read it to you

Tales from his childhood.....where his family ran a string of knocking shops...the time he was abused.....his love of "pussy"...his love of coke....his freebasing incident when he set himself on fire....the day he walked off stage in front of an audience in vegas....the day he shot his wives car to bits....his heart bypass op....his battle with MS...his seven wifes...umpteen kids and grandkids...

Its got the lot..

Good call Bigtoe, got it for Xmas with the box set of his stand ups. He was one funny, fooked up bloke.

Its got the lot..

You've spoilt it now ya c??nt, I was gonna read that.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.