Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

If We Get Through......who's Going?

Scotti86

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why didnt they take my coins etc? was i that drunk i was helped through security? they prob knew my aim would be that crap i wouldnt be able to throw further than 2 rows anyway!

I hope to go on the next trip. depends on money (sept is a bad month for me, so many birthdays), and where it is.. wanting prague... not wanting sofia!

saying that, after coming back and reading all these posts, I'd hate to miss out on it!! 'watch this space' i suppose

Guest squidgy66
Quite right. And how many of them were at the Spurs game on Sunday, or will be going to Derby? Going to the UEFA away games but not being arsed to turn up for the bread and butter does not make one a proper supporter. No disrespect to the many WW posters who went to Macedonia and were there on Sunday, or the Squidgys and similar of this world who live feckin miles away from Bolton.

I go to more games than a lot in Horwich - it's called a season ticket :pardon:

Can guarantee that some people will post on here giving it the 'oh yeah definately I'm going', then not do if we get some shitty backward place a la Macedonia

However, I of course will be there :drinks:

Ashey I would like to say 'oh yeah definately I'm going'

Back to the original thread title- the problem with having a load of mates who are teachers is that we need one (and ideally both) the away games in the group stage to fall on:

- Group Match 1 = October half term

- Group Match 5 = Start of Christmas holidays

Alternatively I could fcuk 'em off again

Back to the original thread title- the problem with having a load of mates who are teachers is that we need one (and ideally both) the away games in the group stage to fall on:

- Group Match 1 = October half term

- Group Match 5 = Start of Christmas holidays

Alternatively I could fcuk 'em off again

The Carling Cup QF's clash with the last round of group games - so we'd be possibly be team E.

Which would mean home games for dates 1 and 3. Aways for dates 2 and 4.

Long way to go though. As ever UEFA will dip their beak in. The predicted groups for the 1st round draw were way off!

From Bert's site.

Once the first round has been completed, the 40 remaining clubs are drawn into 8 groups of 5 teams in accordance with the seeding principles, based on the UEFA list of club coefficients. The 40 teams will be allocated to five pots. Pot 1 will comprise the top eight clubs in the club coefficient rankings, Pot 2 the following eight clubs in the rankings, and so on for pots 3, 4 and 5. Clubs from the same association will not be drawn into the same group.

When the draw concludes and there are 8 groups of 5 teams, a computer draw will take place to determine the fixture schedule with factors such as stadium clashes and climatic conditions (it is not possible to play in some northern countries in mid-December) taken into account. Each club plays home and away alternately in its group. The following match sequence applies:

1st match day: D v B C not playing

E v A

2nd match day: B v E A not playing

C v D

3rd match day: A v B D not playing

E v C

4th match day: C v A B not playing

D v E

5th match day: A v D E not playing

B v C

I can do weeks 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 and I can go if we are team A, B, E, G, V, Z, ?, and Alpha. It just means that some c?nt will be without a carpet on the floor for a few days getting splinters in their feet while I'm away.

Edited by Zozzy

Guest BlackburnDave

I will deff be at the 1st away game. The only game I couldn't do home or away is the 13th Dec - I will be flying home from watching Ricky Hatton in Vegas!

I will deff be at the 1st away game. The only game I couldn't do home or away is the 13th Dec - I will be flying home from watching Ricky Hatton in Vegas!

Yer in luck then - dates for group games

25 October 2007 Group stage, 1st matchday

8 November 2007 Group stage, 2nd matchday

29 November 2007 Group stage, 3rd matchday

5-6 December 2007 Group stage, 4th matchday

19-20 December 2007 Group stage, 5th matchday

Jumbo - in the very unlikely (but by no means absolutely impossible) event of us getting to the final in Manchester you've got to get a visa sorted for that!! =D>

The visa is not the problem, the money is. I'll start saving now if you can guarantee me that you'll get in the final :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.