Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

For Those Of You With Kids...

Guest squidgy66

my missus and i work for the same company, albeit on different sites. she had to speak with HR yesterday regarding her return to work following maternity leave. i was left holding the baby on my lunch... now, i'm not short of lady admirers owing to my natural charisma :blink: , but adding the baby to the mix brought a horde of broody office hotties to my feet...

cue all the 'aww she's gorgeous, she looks just like you' :blush:

and as my child was passed around, like a pint sized good luck charm, the heaving maternal bosom of many a colleague brushed against my arms and chest :pardon:

Rev Disht Dave, definitely Pro-Kids@Work :good:

Working in a theatre there is always about 3 women off having kids, but I agree I hate the whole baby snaps thing. I love my daughter to distraction but when I didn't have kids I couldn't care less about anyone elses. I love talking about my daughter to other parents but I know that talking about her to single male friends all the time isn't going to cut the mustard.

Read somewhere before I became a dad that scientists did an experiment on women and men without children and their reaction to babies. Almost 100% of the childless women when shown a baby showed signs of pleasure such as pupils dilating etc but nearly none of the men had the same reaction, they where completely passive. They then repeated the test using parents and the reactions of the women didn't alter but men who had children already reacted the same way as the women. The conclusion was that the majority of men are not innately born with a sense paternal responsibility but this is 'turned on' when they have had children of their own as a basic response to protecting and furthering your own genes.

But just in case your interested..... she can do all the actions to wheels on the bus now AND she moves up to little learners at nursary next week.

Crawley - proud Dad!

As a "mature" dad and a previous member of the sprog hater club, i can see both sides here, i've had millions of lads holidays/weekends on the piss/lads neets out etc etc - but there's no feeling in the world like when your own little 'un throws their arms around you and says "I love you daddy" :bad:

Having gushed that - I have my 4 year old daughter on Thursday mornings before she goes to nursery, this morning i've just spent an hour an' half sweeping up glitter and mopping up glue and paint - and now i can't wait to see the back of the little sheite :angry:

Edited by Burndens Bogs

Working in a theatre there is always about 3 women off having kids, but I agree I hate the whole baby snaps thing. I love my daughter to distraction but when I didn't have kids I couldn't care less about anyone elses. I love talking about my daughter to other parents but I know that talking about her to single male friends all the time isn't going to cut the mustard.

Read somewhere before I became a dad that scientists did an experiment on women and men without children and their reaction to babies. Almost 100% of the childless women when shown a baby showed signs of pleasure such as pupils dilating etc but nearly none of the men had the same reaction, they where completely passive. They then repeated the test using parents and the reactions of the women didn't alter but men who had children already reacted the same way as the women. The conclusion was that the majority of men are not innately born with a sense paternal responsibility but this is 'turned on' when they have had children of their own as a basic response to protecting and furthering your own genes.

But just in case your interested..... she can do all the actions to wheels on the bus now AND she moves up to little learners at nursary next week.

Crawley - proud Dad!

Will she be a thespian

a woman in work brought here foetus in today. It literally looked like she gave birth 10 minutes before, absolutely grim sight! All her team were there cooing and you could just see the lads like 'this is my fooking dinner im wasting' but smiling all the same. Losers!

• Members
I'll be a crap mum, I don't like the thought of childbirth, children don't like me and I don't think I'd want to bring kids up in this country at the moment.

Keep thinking like that. The world already has too many gingers.

Anyone else on here fortunate not to have any brats?

I have close friends with the little f?ckers and don't mind putting up with them on occaision. To the contrary, they can be quite charming little buggers sometimes in small doses.

I know it's been posted before but I hate when people continually drag the little shits into conversations at work , or god forbid actually bring the little mini trogs into work.

I'm sure they are the apple of their parents eye, but does anyone really care unless they have some personal interest in the little shitehawks?

Children should be seen and not heard my arse. Try shutting the f?cking parents up first!

And yes someone did bring some of the delightful turds into work today. They were fortunate I didn't have a baseball bat to hand.

Squidgy

NSPCC

advocate when it suits him

And another thing...........why are they always sat behind me on flights? scriking & kicking my seat?

i've no doubt squidgy will be breedin' like an extra from watershipdown prety soon ( i can just imagine loads of little squidfry up and down the country carrying maps and compasses, with "if lost please return to..." tags on their duffle coats). anyway, kids aren't to bad, thats if you don't count the times they nick the last of your beer, nick your expensive powertools, piss down the back of the bog, leave every room in the house looking like its been ransacked, leave cups and bits of discarded food looking like a living green fungus and then sqeezing every last penny they can out of you !!! took my youngest lad to bayern for his first euro tour and apart from him asking me for a borrow so he could go down the knockin' shop with ryan and try the local ladies out, we had a great time (no i didn't let him go !). just remember squidge you only get a bucket and half, so don't waste it !

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.