Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Elmander

snackum

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TonyCee
Elmander is a good player, playing him wide/in midfield is like using a ping golf club to play cricket, fookin pointless.

He`s got no confidence

(alright, he`s a bit shit... but he`s better than vaz te)

?8 MILLION.

Unbelievable.

We signed Anelka 2 yrs ago from Turkish football, no one else wanted him.

In today's market - Anelka is worth ?15m (thats what chelsea paid), just under double Elmander... I'd say that's fair.

elmander's a good player, he needs time to settle. Keane cost liverpool ?20m and has scored 2 in the Prem, it took anelka until late November to get off the mark. he'll come good.

I almost agree with you.

Apart from Anelka's value. In the current market, he'd be worth ?25m. 12 goals already this season.

Elmander is technically a very good player. The way Bolton play doesn't help him. If he is the lone striker he is often left on his own waiting for the midfielders to get up in support. When we play two up front, the two attackers play too far apart from each other. Elmander's game is based on close control of the ball and slick interpssing with his team mates.

Todays was Yaks first goal in 9 games for Everton which I guess buys Elm (new to premiership) another couple of games.

But no goals by December and putting quality to one side... he needs replacing. I just hope that Megson is not p1$$ing off KD !!

Elmander is technically a very good player. The way Bolton play doesn't help him. If he is the lone striker he is often left on his own waiting for the midfielders to get up in support. When we play two up front, the two attackers play too far apart from each other. Elmander's game is based on close control of the ball and slick interpssing with his team mates.

and that biff is spot on, for me it has to be elmander or kd up top, one has to give way to the

other and if that means kd or elmander starts on the bench so be it! megson signed him for a reason but

in what system god only knows!

No. I would explain why but Arnold has put it very well so I'll just leave it at that.

Elmander has had a fair crack of the whip, time Smolarek and Riga were given more of a chance.

when fit Riga had started to have been given a chance.

for me i think Elmander would work better with Smolarek than SKD

But for megson dropping SKD would be suicidal he boo boys would be straight on his back.

Elamnder was doing the SKD style tackles and tracking back on Carragher all game but the idiots beind me kept calling him a lazy fecker. :roll:

Elmander will be ok. He's not exactly getting chances galore is he? Given some decent service from midfield when Riga gets a go and Gardner starts, and when he's not helping out in midfield himself and he'll be firing.

He short of a goal that's all. Trouble is, we can't wait.

• Site Supporter
No. I would explain why but Arnold has put it very well so I'll just leave it at that.

Elmander has had a fair crack of the whip, time Smolarek and Riga were given more of a chance.

elmander is a much better player than smolarek or riga will ever be.

• Site Supporter
From what i've seen between Elmander and Smorlokek, Smorolek looks far more of a threat than Elmader does. I think we should give him run in the team. Elmander's had his time to shine but has failed. Saying that, Megson prob won't have the b@lls to admit that he's wasted ?8m on a player.

Megson cant drop Elmander as strikers play off confidence. The lad (and i'm still not convinced) is suffering badly at the moment (like Matt Taylor last year). He''s just been dropped by Sweden; the worst thing a manager could do now would be to drop him. His confidence would hit rock bottom and he then would be genuinely f*cked. He needs a goal and quick. When that arrives i'm sure his performance in front of goal will improve (IMO).

Till that time he needs our support. Whether we rate him or not he's still wearing the white shirt.

• Moderators
elmander is a much better player than smolarek or riga will ever be.

what is that opinion based on exactly?

put their careers side by side and I reckon on paper you'd take Smolarek over Elmander

Ebi seems to have performed better in terms of goals to games in the same and stronger leagues than Elmander and both have similar international records for teams of a similar stature

so to say he is much better, presumably based on what you've seen of either in a white shirt, seems a tad odd

plus i think both are different players who'd do well playing off each other as opposed to like for like forwards

elmander needs to be stuck with, smolarek needs more of a chance, or he'll just become another ballesta/moreno/bobic type loan player who'll do cock all for us and then very well elsewhere when given a run

what is that opinion based on exactly?

put their careers side by side and I reckon on paper you'd take Smolarek over Elmander

Ebi seems to have performed better in terms of goals to games in the same and stronger leagues than Elmander and both have similar international records for teams of a similar stature

so to say he is much better, presumably based on what you've seen of either in a white shirt, seems a tad odd

plus i think both are different players who'd do well playing off each other as opposed to like for like forwards

elmander needs to be stuck with, smolarek needs more of a chance, or he'll just become another ballesta/moreno/bobic type loan player who'll do cock all for us and then very well elsewhere when given a run

I said it before Smolarek and Elmander could be our best front 2 but dropping SKD would be suicidal for Megson,

pehaps we'll find out once Davo gets his first 5 card suspension of the season.

Ok, instead of Riga, insert the name of a midfielder of your choice, who has not had a go, because the ones who have, have not provided enough goalscoring chances.

I think Gardner should be at the top of the list for a run in the team at the moment, he and Riga were given the same chance to make an impression and Gardner took his.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.