Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton Upset Days Are Over

LHBWFC

I agree with a lot of what he says, but he ruins it with the usual Nolan/Davies knocking.

Nolan has scored in two victories v united.

Davies was the man arsenal feared the most.

Also the run of bad results against the big teams started with FSA not Megson.

You also need to acknowledge that the big teams are the big teams because the can adopt their style of play againat different opponents, the FSA plan was a great succes for a while since they susses us out we, along with the other teams in the division have not come up with an alternative.

Afraid not

We beat Liverpool 2-0 and Arsenal 3-1 at home in Allardyce's final season.

Two fantastic results.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators
Afraid not

We beat Liverpool 2-0 and Arsenal 3-1 at home in Allardyce's final season.

Two fantastic results.

we never beat utd at home under alladyce

megson did it at the first attempt

after the initial good results against utd we were subject to a d?cking every time we met, home and away, with the number 4 making a regular appearance on the score sheet

basically, under alladyce, we generally had the measure of liverpool and arsenal at home

that bloke just distorted things a little to give the impression it was better than it was fresh on the back of sh?t run that involved the top 4

Ok cheers - dour, negative, won't be judged on his own record, unimaginative in the transfer market, going to get us relegated sometime soon, bitter and sergeant major old fashioned mike bassett style manager..........put me down for a idiot.

Ok cheers - dour, negative, won't be judged on his own record, unimaginative in the transfer market, going to get us relegated sometime soon, bitter and sergeant major old fashioned mike bassett style manager..........put me down for a idiot.

I'm already ahead of you.

Although that was probably your best contribution to the site so far.

So long.

Regardless of the rest of the nonsense that part is utter uttter bollocks.

signings from holland (Steinsson), spain (Riga,Smolarek), russia (pugrenyer), portugal (Makukula) and france (Elmander),

young English players with vast potential (Cahill and Muamba)

decent quality players with prem experience (Taylor)

3 different types of signing there so how he's unimaginative is beyond me.

Ok buying from other countries does not constitute imagination - I'm talking along the lines of Youri, Jay Jay, Hierro, bobic, anelka - quality international footballers who produced the goods - smolarek, riga, elmander, muamba have not to date makukula, pugrenyer no idea give them a chance fair enough - cahill, taylor, steinnson done very well grant you that - I think he likes his steak and chips englishman generally, low risk for him as little threat to his poor man management skills and the dressing room - if desperate he'll take a risk on foreigners noones heard of.

ok carlos fair enough everyone who has had a pop seems to have a membership number less than 10 so if that's why you boys set it up then I've mis-understood thought it was to knock about opinions on BWFC and have some banter rolled in hence my little bit of said banter with traf

• Site Supporter

as far as im aware, though i could be wrong (info from friend of a friend and all that)....

allardyce only signed players when their agents recommended them or he asked his chummy agents friends (we all know who they are) for a player, we had no european scouting system as such back then. which i found suprising.

megson now has 3 european scouts and actual system in place. athough apparently one of these guys is now doing conference games for some reason?

and im only member 14 so 8P

Edited by HomerJay

ok carlos fair enough everyone who has had a pop seems to have a membership number less than 10 so if that's why you boys set it up then I've mis-understood thought it was to knock about opinions on BWFC and have some banter rolled in hence my little bit of said banter with traf

I think you have to buy them a round of beers before your views will be accepted. :drinks:

tyldsley white wthout my own european and conference scouting network I'm struggling - maybe quality bargains don't exist anymore....... ok he's just dour, negative, won't be judged on his own record, blank, going to get us relegated soon, bitter and sergeant major old fashioned mike basset style manager.

tyldsley white wthout my own european and conference scouting network I'm struggling - maybe quality bargains don't exist anymore....... ok he's just dour, negative, won't be judged on his own record, blank, going to get us relegated soon, bitter and sergeant major old fashioned mike basset style manager.

if people accept he is all those things but we do not get relegated he would be doing a good job !

i'm #785.

Megson can be over negative at times i'll grant you but any manager would be in his situation, FSA hardly had us playing like Brazil

But you see that?s the issue for me, people keep coming on here and giving the manager shit, but do not give any suggestion on who we should go for, so it just comes across as having a go for having a go sake.

I've asked twice on here to the people that want him go, to name a replacement that would do a better job then him at the moment, and would actually come to Bolton, and both occasions the silence was deafening, not one managers name was put forward, so again it comes across as bitching for the sake of bitching.

Edited by tyldesley_white

• Site Supporter
But you see that?s the issue for me, people keep coming on here and giving the manager shit, but do not give any suggestion on who we should go for, so it just comes across as having a go for having a go sake.

I've asked twice on here to the people that want him go, to name a replacement that would do a better job then him at the moment, and would actually come to Bolton, and both occasions the selence was deftining, not one managers name was put forward, so again it comes across as bitching for the sake of bitching.

good moaning officer crabtree

edit:bastard tw you ruined my joke!

Edited by HomerJay

MEMBERSHIP # 607, so a no on that front

Edited by tyldesley_white

Guest Holly_Goodhead

I've asked twice on here to the people that want him go, to name a replacement that would do a better job then him at the moment, and would actually come to Bolton, and both occasions the silence was deafening, not one managers name was put forward, so again it comes across as bitching for the sake of bitching.

People didn't take you on because they don't know who you think would come.

Can you give a list of managers you think would come to Bolton and then we can decide if we think if they are an improvement on Megson.

People didn't take you on because they don't know who you think would come.

Can you give a list of managers you think would come to Bolton and then we can decide if we think if they are an improvement on Megson.

surely the point was to name someone realistic who would do a better job.

and i for one can't think of anyone

My definition of a idiot is someone who comes on this site specificially to knock Megson, someone who makes no other contribution to what is essentially a banter based site.

You allways think your right though Carlos and think you know everything about football just because your a manager on this site and im sure alot of people agree with me on this

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.