Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Fa

no balls

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-1...mbley-date.html

FA's double trouble over Wembley

The FA have put at risk multi-million pound contracts with the astonishing blunder of double booking Wembley for two showcase matches on the same day.

The national stadium is due to host the Champions League final on May 28, 2011.

But that Saturday, settled following UEFA?s 2007 decision to move the final from a Wednesday starting next year, clashes with the Football League play-off finals.

Double booked: Wembley

The Football League have a 20-year contract with Wembley for their three games to take place over the May bank holiday weekend and, like the Champions League final, the deal is worth tens of millions of pounds to the FA.

FA and Wembley staff didn?t want to jeopardise their Champions League jackpot by alerting UEFA to their domestic club commitment.

But it is understood the Football League?s top brass have already sent a strong letter to both Wembley and Soho Square demanding to know what is going to be done to sort out this latest fiasco.

UEFA require their Champions League final venue to be handed over 14 days in advance, which inevitably means one or more of the playoffs will have to be staged elsewhere.

And just as inevitable is a hefty compensation cheque to the Football League

Reasons to hate the F.A. (Just off the top of my head)

1.The cost of the new Wembley never mind whether it is actually needed or not.

2.Playing FA Cup semi-finals at Wembley to help pay for the above. Also ensuring England matches are never played around the country again.

3.The corporate ticket selling at Wembley which means that there are banks of empty orange seats right in the middle of the main stand at matches that could have sold out. The FA don't care they have got the money, the reals fans and the atmosphere suffers.

4.Selling England games to a mickey mouse, anti-English outfit like Shitanta.

5.Trevor Brooking &. his pro Wet Spam cronies. Illegal transfers-no problem.

6.Devaluing the FA Cup by pressurising Utd into playing in the World Club Cup or whatever to try and boost their ill advised world cup bid. Didn't work did it?

7.Giving Sven another lucrative contract after the Brazil match. Then Steve McClaren. (Why do England pay their managers so much more than say Italy or Spain?)

Useless, bent , spineless tossers the lot of 'em.

• Site Supporter
Why not?

Thats what the stadiums there for is it not?

Wouldnt be saying that if it was us in the final.

Although I and BWFC have had great times at play off finals, I dont think there should be a glitzy glamour tie where, teams who have'nt done enough to win the league get a grand day out and a trophey, I agree its a great format and brilliant for spectators but say, we got relegated then the season after we finished 2nd in the laegue dont get a trophey got automatic promotion and say Swansea finish 5th and get the grand day out at Wembley and get a trophey, just seems odd. Wembley is over used it needs to be a place players strive for to get there.

Although I and BWFC have had great times at play off finals, I dont think there should be a glitzy glamour tie where, teams who have'nt done enough to win the league get a grand day out and a trophey, I agree its a great format and brilliant for spectators but say, we got relegated then the season after we finished 2nd in the laegue dont get a trophey got automatic promotion and say Swansea finish 5th and get the grand day out at Wembley and get a trophey, just seems odd. Wembley is over used it needs to be a place players strive for to get there.

I see your point but that is what the stadium is for.

Are you suggesting they should get rid of the playoffs? 3up 3down? hmmmm

Anyway back to the original quote...the FA are shite.

• Site Supporter

A play off should be decided after the semi-final. Quoting our playoffs;

Bolton v Tranmere why go to London? Man U ground would have been adequate.

Bolton Watford - ditto Villa Park

Bolton PNE Back to O/T

Let's not pretend a ground needs plenty of notice, they don't get to know if a cup-tie will be at home or away so Police, etc. can be sorted with a couple of weeks notice.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.