Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

6+5 Rule

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see this going the same way as the Bosman, some player/club will take it to court and win and normal services will resume, this is FIFAs way of trying and stopping English clubs winning in Europe

+ money will override it

Non starter

I can see this going the same way as the Bosman, some player/club will take it to court and win and normal services will resume, this is FIFAs way of trying and stopping English clubs winning in Europe

Why's that then if it's referring to this rule for all clubs?

Why's that then if it's referring to this rule for all clubs?

Because I would say (and I will stand corrected on this) that there is more non indigenous players in the English game then any other.

And on another point, will this also include Scottish, Irish and Walesh players play in England?

Because I would say (and I will stand corrected on this) that there is more non indigenous players in the English game then any other.

And on another point, will this also include Scottish, Irish and Walesh players play in England?

Which is the point I was trying to make about English football being damaged if not broken. We have to ask the question, why are there more foreign players over here? Are we not nurturing our homegrown talent? Would this new ruling not make countries do that?

I still can't see how the EU can/will allow this. It is against all their principles of free trade.

I would have a lot more respect for what Platini is trying to do if he admitted that it's the Champions League that has unbalanced European (not just English) football. Look at France, the same Champions for seven years running mainly because no one can match Lyon financially because of their Champions League income. Platini holds French football up as an example? No thanks.

Putting my English hat on again, why don't UEFA seem to mind Franco's team throwing obscene amounts of money (dubiously gained) around? Accusing English teams of 'cheating' financially when its his ex-team Juventus who were actually convicted of cheating? Give it a rest.

The 6+5 rule is just the start of the attempts to stop English clubs dominating Europe. If this doesn't succeed, expect something else. Remember what happened in the mid eighties. I do not want to sound like a little Englander but Platini/Blatter and co are shitting a brick at the prospect of another English dominated Champions League this year and beyond.

Personally I don't care how many English players play for the Wanderers. I am proud of any local lad who does play (even though they seem to get dogs abuse) and I think Megson should be applauded for bringing young English talent through but if there was a better foreign player available, in any position, get them signed.

England were crap in the seventies and that wasn't down to foreign players so stop blaming them now.

I still can't see how the EU can/will allow this. It is against all their principles of free trade.

I would have a lot more respect for what Platini is trying to do if he admitted that it's the Champions League that has unbalanced European (not just English) football. Look at France, the same Champions for seven years running mainly because no one can match Lyon financially because of their Champions League income. Platini holds French football up as an example? No thanks.

Putting my English hat on again, why don't UEFA seem to mind Franco's team throwing obscene amounts of money (dubiously gained) around? Accusing English teams of 'cheating' financially when its his ex-team Juventus who were actually convicted of cheating? Give it a rest.

The 6+5 rule is just the start of the attempts to stop English clubs dominating Europe. If this doesn't succeed, expect something else. Remember what happened in the mid eighties. I do not want to sound like a little Englander but Platini/Blatter and co are shitting a brick at the prospect of another English dominated Champions League this year and beyond.

Personally I don't care how many English players play for the Wanderers. I am proud of any local lad who does play (even though they seem to get dogs abuse) and I think Megson should be applauded for bringing young English talent through but if there was a better foreign player available, in any position, get them signed.

England were crap in the seventies and that wasn't down to foreign players so stop blaming them now.

Agree with all of that

Platini wasn't moaning about money when he was coining it at Juve in the 80's, he's a c?nt

• Members
Agree with all of that

Platini wasn't moaning about money when he was coining it at Juve in the 80's, he's a c?nt

Even worse, he's a French c?nt. If it's a level playing field with major European clubs, what's the problem? If players choose England over them, they should be looking at what they are doing wrong and trying to fix it.

Banning all English clubs after Heysel was a fit up. Wouldn't surprise me if they found some new way of lessening our impact in Europe.

Even worse, he's a French c?nt. If it's a level playing field with major European clubs, what's the problem? If players choose England over them, they should be looking at what they are doing wrong and trying to fix it.

Banning all English clubs after Heysel was a fit up. Wouldn't surprise me if they found some new way of lessening our impact in Europe.

They are so used to subsidising this, subsidising that, they don't know what laissez faire means.

The one good thing about that proposal to play a Premier League match abroad was that it sent Blatter & Platini apoplectic. I hope that if UEFA ever did try to penalise English teams the Premier League would hit back. The ace that the EPL has is its world wide appeal. Millions of Chinese/Japanese/Indians/Malaysians/Africans etc etc would not get up at three in the morning to watch French,German or even Spanish football. UEFA are jealous as fck about this and how it erodes their power. Does anyone really believe that UEFA wants to help the England national team by imposing rosters? Anyway, how many English players played in the Champions League Final last year?, quite a few if memory serves so what is the problem?

Of our current squad under the rules proposed we would have,

2 DF Nicky Hunt

3 DF Jlloyd Samuel

5 DF Gary Cahill

6 MF Fabrice Muamba

7 MF Matthew Taylor

14 FW Kevin Davies (captain)

16 MF Mark Davies

19 MF Gavin McCann

27 MF James Sinclair

30 DF Chris Basham

35 FW Tope Obadeyi

All would Qualify as they are all eligable to Play for the England

National side

Rest of squad would be,

1 GK ?d?m Bogd?n

8 MF Joey O'Brien

9 FW Johan Elmander

10 FW Euzebiusz Smolarek (on loan from Racing Santander)

11 MF Ricardo Gardner

15 DF Gr?tar Steinsson

17 MF Riga Mustapha

18 DF S?bastien Puygrenier (on loan from Zenit St. Petersburg)

20 FW Ricardo Vaz T?

21 FW Ariza Makukula (on loan from Benfica)

22 GK Jussi J??skel?inen

24 DF Danny Shittu

25 MF Tamir Cohen

26 GK Ali Al Habsi

29 FW Zolt?n Hars?nyi

31 DF Andy O'Brien

If this rule comes in i think would make no diffrence to the way that the team is set up and i think is another tick in the (for Megson) box

Edited by ringer

If the 6+5 comes, by the time it was been watered down, you can move AOB, JOB, Obadeyi and Vaz from your second list as they were brought through the youth systems in England.

Plus you will probably be able to include Jussi and Gardner under some dual-nationality due to them having lived in England for 10+ years.

Cohen and Makka Pakka would have to go home though :yahoo:

If the 6+5 comes, by the time it was been watered down, you can move AOB, JOB, Obadeyi and Vaz from your second list as they were brought through the youth systems in England.

Plus you will probably be able to include Jussi and Gardner under some dual-nationality due to them having lived in England for 10+ years.

Cohen and Makka Pakka would have to go home though :yahoo:

Wasn't Cohen born over here when Avi was playing?

Was thinking that myself, a player may be eligible for more than one country, but he may never be good enough for the country of birth ie england, so chooses his grans country, say ireland, would that mean he would be classed as a foreigner in his country of birth. Feel dizzy now thinking about it. :blink:

It's Friday, it feels like time to do a bit more Blatter / Platini bashing

Here's the latest...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7927410.stm

4 teams competing for the league is probably more than any other major league, especially in Europe

But I think the first paragraph says all you need to know - "I have my concerns because the Premier League is the strongest in the world, definitely" - which in itself is obviously a problem for Blatter and Platini, the c?nts

It's Friday, it feels like time to do a bit more Blatter / Platini bashing

Here's the latest...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7927410.stm

4 teams competing for the league is probably more than any other major league, especially in Europe

But I think the first paragraph says all you need to know - "I have my concerns because the Premier League is the strongest in the world, definitely" - which in itself is obviously a problem for Blatter and Platini, the c?nts

Another half arsed qutoe

Blatter also believes that the England's top flight has an unhealthy imbalance of power, with only a handful of clubs contesting the title.

So Scotland, Spain and Itlay are the same and I'm sure there are a lot more

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.