Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

6+5 Rule

Stupid rule. If nothings broken then why fix it.

I dont think we'd suffer too much anyway.

Stupid rule?? Having too many foreign players in the premiership is limiting our young British players chances of making it. I thin this rule is right. What do you's think?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stupid rule?? Having too many foreign players in the premiership is limiting our young British players chances of making it. I thin this rule is right. What do you's think?

wes? :drinks:

little englander mentaility IMO

When we had nearly all "brits" England were worse than we are now, so your argument in tosh.IMO.

Plus the new rue will not happen; money counts.

Blatter is asking for it happen; he will be informed by the money-powers-that-be that it is a non-starter

When we had nearly all "brits" England were worse than we are now, so your argument in tosh.IMO.

Blatter is asking for it happen; he will be informed by the money-powers-that-be that it is a non-starter

Less foreign players would definatly improve our home grown talent. Clubs know they can bring in a player from abroad for cheap but they wont have this option because there is limit.... more emphasis on home grown players.

For me the down fall of the England side is none of them bar Beckham play abroad and get experience of continental football. only the english 100mph style.

whether thats due to fear on behalf of the English players or the foreign clubs not paying the over the odds rate that english players seem to attract.

Less foreign players would definatly improve our home grown talent. Clubs know they can bring in a player from abroad for cheap but they wont have this option because there is limit.... more emphasis on home grown players.

but history has disproved that

I don?t think its will; in my opinion the home grown players will be better off playing with and against better (technically gifted) players from abroad.

The England team is now better then it as been in the last 20/25 years, why?s that then , it still not the best but a lot better then it as been

And this is nothing to do with England this is all to do with English teams dominating the Champs league and also dominating the air waves, people all over the world get up at all sorts of god awful hours to watch the EPL , they don?t to it for the rest of Europe

Another half arsed qutoe

Blatter also believes that the England's top flight has an unhealthy imbalance of power, with only a handful of clubs contesting the title.

So Scotland, Spain and Itlay are the same and I'm sure there are a lot more

You missed the best example of the lot from Platini's own feckin nation.

From an entertainment point of view yess. The standards would just drop and would be more like the championship with a few english players.

hope it's a non starter. signing players based on nationality over talent, which is inevitable with this rule, can not be allowed to happen. The other proposed rule involving bringing youth players through seems more sensible.

No it hasnt. Back in the day when there were less foriegn players. Acadamy and school of excellance centres hardly existed and if they did they was not of the standard now.

yer talkin shite;

England are better now than then

• Members
From an entertainment point of view yess. The standards would just drop and would be more like the championship with a few english players.

Watch the Blue Square Premier on Setanta and then tell me you don't love a good old English tear up.

Tyldesley White - I got a b0llocking on here for using the term EPL. They don't realise that it is how it is marketed outside of the UK. You will be admonished sunshine, don't you worry bout that ;)

Watch the Blue Square Premier on Setanta and then tell me you don't love a good old English tear up.

Tyldesley White - I got a b0llocking on here for using the term EPL. They don't realise that it is how it is marketed outside of the UK. You will be admonished sunshine, don't you worry bout that ;)

We let you foreigners call it the EPL. We're tired of correcting you.

Sometimes we forget English isn't your first language.

• Members
We let you foreigners call it the EPL. We're tired of correcting you.

Sometimes we forget English isn't your first language.

Teeth bared, gob wide open and steaming in to chomp and................no, fcuk it, I won't bother :D

No they aint. With the current system we ony have a set players which allways get selected. If more English players come through then there would be a wider choice!!

We had a wider choice in the 80s and we are better now than then.

Australia have 20m people and (usually)have a better cricket (and rugby) team.

etc etc

No they aint. With the current system we ony have a set players which allways get selected. If more English players come through then there would be a wider choice!!

We had a wider choice in the 80s and we are better now than then.

Australia have 20m people and (usually)have a better cricket (and rugby) team.

etc etc

I would be happy to have it so long as it was introduced in someway to make the Premier league more competitive.

My thoughts would be to have the top 5 teams (based on previous season standings) to have a minimum of 7 English players; next 5, 6 English players; next 5, 5 english players and the bottom 2 plus the 3 promoted teams to have 4 English players.

That way the lesser teams would still be able to buy more cheaper foreign players to help them compete and make the league more competitive. Plus the best english players would gravitate towards the bigger clubs, hopefully improving the national team.

Should work UEFA me!!!

Edited by JimmyRiddle

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.