Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Shaun Bates Funeral

I have posted a link to this on rivals.

I do not have words that can sum up how upsetting this must be for the family and his mates.

Great respect to Satan for attending to represent fellow fans.

Also to the club for having a presence there.

Guest pansyroadwhite
words cannot express my feelings

R.I.P. YOUNG WANDERER

I wouldnt have had the strength to go, so thankyou to the fans and club representitives who did.

Rest in peace shaun and god bless,

it's gonna be a while until the tears stop, I think it has something to do with being so far away and feeling absolutely helpless, we sent a little thank you note to Lois Reed Shaun's headteacher for all their support and to thank all Shaun's school friends for their attendance....Big thanks to Satan for keeping us updated

Rest in peace little one

Guest squidgy66

Despite the endless fallouts on the site is heart-warming to know that when it really matters we come together as one.

RIP lttle fella

Ah, so Dave made it up to the game then (see my funeral post)? That's good :good: - as I said, he wasn't sure he could face it but was worried that if didn't he might not get back again.

Agreed - that Andy geezer is a top man and must have been an immense help to Dave in such sad times.

Andy mentioned you.

Dave was ok considering the loss of Shaun. They sit about 10 rows directly behind us in the NSU.

I gave Dave the signed shirt my lad wore when he was mascot last week and some photos, it was an emotional moment......

Dave is going to have it framed.

Dave is staggered by the support he has received from Wanderers fans.

T6.jpg

Belting gesture - mean the world to him, I'm sure =D>

My lad said to Dave, "Shaun was with me on the pitch last week", I never asked him to say it, he just came out with it. Dave and I just looked at each other...

The club have been fantastic.

Edited by Crew86

• Members

Welling up again here FFS. Just goes to show that, amongst all the dross and drivel which gets fired around on here, the bottom line is that it is generally frequented by good people.

• Site Supporter
My lad said to Dave, "Shaun was with me on the pitch last week", I never asked him to say it, he just came out with it. Dave and I just looked at each other...

What a bastard of a thing to write on here. My eyes are sweating like a sweaty thing now!

I bet you were proud of him.

What a bastard of a thing to write on here. My eyes are sweating like a sweaty thing now!

I bet you were proud of him.

I was, thing was I wanted to explain to Thomas that we where meeting Dave and why, but with the way he is its a little difficult, so when he spontanously said it I was gobsmacked, we all where. Then it was, "Dad, can I go back and play football with the other kids now".

Dave has asked me to keep in touch during pre-season (which I will do) and he keeping their seats next season so I will see him every match. Remarkable bloke, upmost respect for the man =D>

Dave has sent me PM on the BN site, I do know he has read this thread and is aware of what we have all been posting.

Edited by Crew86

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.