Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Hotels In Dublin

Booked on ryan air today for ?4 return for 2 of us in mid september for wifes 40th.

Does anyone know any top hotels near the centre, flights were so cheap dont mind lobbing out a bit more for hotel.

Been before but stayed in a shithole for about 20 euros a night so need to better that.

Hopefully wont see much outside the bedroom so need to have a nice few sh4gs in luxury.

Thanking you in advance - MOOSE :drinks:

Try hotels.com. I'd hold back splashing out on the hotel until you see the price of ale! Bought myself a pint of lager, doris a malibu & coke... equivalent of ?13. Was in Temple Bar mind, but where the feck else you going to go?

• Members

The Clarence Hotel is nice, exepensive though. A lovely modern boutique Hotel on temple bar called the Morgan is where I wanted to stay, but we ended up in some hotel just out of Temple Bar (bout 15 mins walk away) because it was cheaper and the fella is a tight wad.

Save your pennies for the drinks and meals though, never been anywhere as expensive as Dublin! Between ?5-6 a drink!

Moose would recommend this

http://www.paramounthotel.ie/

In temple bar, but on the edge about 3 mins for the main temple bar pub

Turks head pub next door/underneath but you cannot hear it as sound proofing is top. Just right for a couple, livelyish but where the quieter pubs are. Good pub across the road http://www.porterhousebrewco.com/

Rooms aren't big but its all about location

Get the bus for outside the airport about ?2, every 10 mins and just get off as you hit the centre of town and follow the river

• Site Supporter

I'll personally give you your flight money back if you don't go.

It's an utter utter shithole, full of chinese people for reasons I couldn't fathom, way too expensive and about as interesting as a fencepost.

Honestly, it's fucking bobbins.

The Clarence Hotel is nice, exepensive though. A lovely modern boutique Hotel on temple bar called the Morgan is where I wanted to stay, but we ended up in some hotel just out of Temple Bar (bout 15 mins walk away) because it was cheaper and the fella is a tight wad.

Save your pennies for the drinks and meals though, never been anywhere as expensive as Dublin! Between ?5-6 a drink!

Try Oslo, ?8 for a pint of Stella.

I was young and naive at the time so paid it...........

Btw, Spider is reet. Dublin is shit....

• Site Supporter

For 2 pints of Guinness and two glasses of wine in Temple Bar early this year were about 19 quid, places to stay, the Hilton were doing good rates when we went, theres a tram stop out side too straight into town, 7 euros or summat in a taxi coming back, Trinity Capitol isnt a bad place to stay near Trinity College. There are some apartments int city centre which you can rent which are good, The Morgan is very good but a s said can be a bit noisy.

• Site Supporter

http://www.discoverireland.ie/DI/resultsen...?CategoryID=419

for what you've saved on the flight, personally, if i was going over for a weekend the only place in Dublin city I would go is to the train station to go somewhere else, Dublin city area is very expensive as said previous in the thread, check the link out and either stay somewhere out in Dublin county or Wicklow (but not Bray as that's a kip)rather than the city its self so you can get in should you wish, or get to Galway or Cork or somewhere over the West, if you've got the time or inclination to travel acoss on the train, or change your flights to one of them.

Booked on ryan air today for ?4 return for 2 of us in mid september for wifes 40th.

Does anyone know any top hotels near the centre, flights were so cheap dont mind lobbing out a bit more for hotel.

Been before but stayed in a shithole for about 20 euros a night so need to better that.

Hopefully wont see much outside the bedroom so need to have a nice few sh4gs in luxury.

Thanking you in advance - MOOSE :drinks:

get the train over to Galway and stay there :good:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.