Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bwfc Fans Groups

Just been reading a post on EFW (European Football Weekends) about Aberdeen Ultras. They are one of the most recognised supporters groups and manage to make some of the best signage displays in Football. There almosta s good as some of the fans groups in european football.

http://europeanfootballweekends.blogspot.c...tball-club.html

Just been thinking that why dont wanderers ways do more displays or else use its memebers pressure to get what fans want from there club!!

post-3134-1248634104_thumb.jpg

Just been reading a post on EFW (European Football Weekends) about Aberdeen Ultras. They are one of the most recognised supporters groups and manage to make some of the best signage displays in Football. There almosta s good as some of the fans groups in european football.

Just been thinking that why dont wanderers ways do more displays or else use its memebers pressure to get what fans want from there club!!

I'll try and translate that last wigan-ese sentence

I have been thinking. Why doesn't Wanderersways do more displays, or even use the persuasion of its members to get what fans want from their club?

Tbh pal the club on the whole were excellent towards the fans last season,can you think of anything eles they could have done?

Tbh pal the club on the whole were excellent towards the fans last season,can you think of anything eles they could have done?

I agree the club have been good to fans! The Fan Zone, cheaper tickets, free away coaches to name just a few things

I was thinking of more displays and getting the singing section going as well.

Is the Fanzone now a perminant fixture now and is there any news on free coaches again??

My previous quote may have been in wiganeese but you all got my point!

I agree the club have been good to fans! The Fan Zone, cheaper tickets, free away coaches to name just a few things

I was thinking of more displays and getting the singing section going as well.

Is the Fanzone now a perminant fixture now and is there any news on free coaches again??

Not got a clue,as for the getting the singing section going,those clappers seems to do the job the last home game

v Hull :D

I was thinking of more displays and getting the singing section going as well.Is the Fanzone now a perminant fixture now and is there any news on free coaches again??

somethings we have to do ourselves. singing is down to us don't you fink ?

somethings we have to do ourselves. singing is down to us don't you fink ?

yip pretty much everyone know the place for noise and atmosphere is with the yoof under the score board

trying to get the cheap seat to be the singing section won't work as people are either happy in their seat or only there for cheap tickets

• Site Supporter

I don't know about anyone else but the first post from Wigan White read more like it was from one of our friends from Plovdiv or some other place from our UEFA travels.

Ultras? Wanderersways Ultras?? Why not just go to the nearest policeman and tell him you'd like to be arrested for having extreme views at a football ground. I'm sure it'd be arrestable if he looked hard enough through the rules and regulations of entry into a sterile football ground.

Sorry, but having flags and flares a la European Ultras isn't going to go down too well at the Reebok.

How about we also go for a cheerleader (not a Reebok Rebel) in the middle of the pitch building up the tension. How about it Reebok Voice? Do you think you could make it interesting enough to get most of the not-rights from here up from the lower concourses to chant songs instead of sup beers?

No, nor do I.

Bin it!!

The Reebok is just a wank venue to get an atmosphere going, but at least we can make a racket away from home.

The whole 'Ultra' thing has a bad name in Europe because a minority of them such as Roma fans behave badly. Ultras believe in supporting the team by non stop singing right through games, colourful card displays and waving flags around.

It would be very difficult to set an organisation up for that as it will take alot of time and money, but if enough people are interested it could be done. The nearest team with 'Ultras' around here is Accrington Stanley, other Bitish teams include Aberdeen, Crystal Palace, Middlesbrough to an extent and York City.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LNuGbE849g

Just seems like abit of harmless fun to me, they just travel to games together and theres plenty of drinking involved! it's just another form of supporters club. :drinks: :yahoo:

Just seems like abit of harmless fun to me, they just travel to games together and theres plenty of drinking involved! it's just another form of supporters club. :drinks: :yahoo:

In England I think we just call them 'mates you go the match with'. :blink:

In England I think we just call them 'mates you go the match with'. :blink:

Yeah, but I think they have a supporters bar and meet up during the week to organise displays etc, its not just on the day of the game.

Marseille had a bar that opened through the week, dont think it had anything to do with the ultras though. I don't think there are any wanderers pubs anymore since we moved from burnden.

ultras, singing section, can the club do this that and the other ?:angry2:

the embankment massive, the lever enders, the manny rd boot boys and the burnden paddock elite would die of shame with all this talk. ffs less of the jaw jaw and pull your fingers out and do something for yourself eh !

What the club should do is close the bars 5 minutes before kick off, open then at half time, shut them 5 minutes before the second half starts & get rid of those tvs underneath. That'll get the atmosphere back! It's a disgrace! :D

• Moderators
Okay, should the club perhaps build a purpose built supporters club thats open through the week etc

who would go though? can't get folk to turn up on matchdays for the match so what odds they'd trek down for a pint on a tues evening

half the bars on middlebrook shut down as nay bastud drinks there either

and probably because they were t?rd as well

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.