Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Megson Protests

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indulge in a bit of fantasy and suppose that Megson is sacked and replaced with one from Ferguson, Ancelooti, Wenger, Mourinho or Benitez. Do you honestly think they would be more successful than Megson. They will have to work under the same constraints (something they are not used to) as Megson and I think they would have a worse record. So let's lay off Megson, he might not be the most charismatic manager but he is achieving all that is asked of him.

Indulge in a bit of fantasy and suppose that Megson is sacked and replaced with one from Ferguson, Ancelooti, Wenger, Mourinho or Benitez. Do you honestly think they would be more successful than Megson. They will have to work under the same constraints (something they are not used to) as Megson and I think they would have a worse record. So let's lay off Megson, he might not be the most charismatic manager but he is achieving all that is asked of him.

Or fantasy aside the likes of Hodgson, Bruce and Zola have all achieved relative success under the same constraints but in very different ways - Lee was a disaster but playing decent football and entertaining is not beyond BWFC - changing style does not have to equal relegation.

Megson has achieved what he's been asked credit for that it's how he does it and conducts himself where the majority of the problems lie - the board appointed the right man to keep up us proven fact i doubt they considered anything much after that, hence where we are now.

Or fantasy aside the likes of Hodgson, Bruce and Zola have all achieved relative success under the same constraints but in very different ways - Lee was a disaster but playing decent football and entertaining is not beyond BWFC - changing style does not have to equal relegation.

Megson has achieved what he's been asked credit for that it's how he does it and conducts himself where the majority of the problems lie - the board appointed the right man to keep up us proven fact i doubt they considered anything much after that, hence where we are now.

Bolton with Megson finished 13th. Wigan with Bruce finished 11th and 2 points more. West Ham with Zola finished 9th and 4? points more. If that is relative success then Megson has been sucessful. Fulham with Hodgson finished 7th and qualified for the Europa league but he had money from Al Faeed to spend. If Megson manages to bring in a goal scoring striker in the next two weeks it is not out of the question that Bolton will qualify for next season's Europa league.

Bolton with Megson finished 13th. Wigan with Bruce finished 11th and 2 points more. West Ham with Zola finished 9th and 4? points more. If that is relative success then Megson has been sucessful. Fulham with Hodgson finished 7th and qualified for the Europa league but he had money from Al Faeed to spend. If Megson manages to bring in a goal scoring striker in the next two weeks it is not out of the question that Bolton will qualify for next season's Europa league.

"Or fantasy aside the likes of Hodgson, Bruce and Zola have all achieved relative success under the same constraints but in very different ways "

I meant relative to BWFC so I'm agreeing

"Megson has achieved what he's been asked credit for that it's how he does it and conducts himself where the majority of the problems lie"

He could well get us in the europa league but that wouldnt be enough for a lot because of the above - good enough for me but not for a lot of BWFC fans thats our problem and the vicious circle we're in he changes unlikely fans change unlikely so the merry go round rolls on!!

Fair point but you'd have to say that Wigan and West Ham generally played more attractive football than us in getting those points. Surely no-one is critical of the results per se under Megson - its the way we play that people are critical, especially the likes of the home game against Fulham when we were punting long ball after long ball for Hangeland to win in the air.

• Moderators
Can they do that without permission? I mean the quotes not the sacking.

Yep, as they are attributed quotes and in our case fair. Some of the ones from TW are a bit long, but that's not our problem.

It's notable that they found (far) more usable quotes on TW but if they'd read here more, they'd have seen "Mugson" is also refered to as Smegson and/or Mary Spunkson.

Lets not fantasize the reality would be one of Dowie,Curbs or Strachan none of which would be an improvement,however if the board were willing to speculate I think Fergie junior would be a better repacement for Megson.

• Moderators
Lets not fantasize the reality would be one of Dowie,Curbs or Strachan none of which would be an improvement,however if the board were willing to speculate I think Fergie junior would be a better repacement for Megson.

A wife-beating ex-Munich, brilliant.

• Site Supporter

any particular reasons??

• Moderators
some of them quotes do fans no favours at all.

no

for example

"Well the whole worry about Paul Robinson being too small in this league was noticeably evident today. Out-jumped by Darren Bent at the far post, which cost us the goal."

go on son, you tell em

ps

it were davies

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.