Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Robert Enke (germany's Keeper)

Danny G

• Site Supporter
:angry:

Have you ever known anyone suffering depression?

Selfish doesn't come into it

i wonder how is wife and other family feel at this moment?

apparnenlty he recently adopted a little girl, can you imagine what she is going through?

i stand by my original statement.

Edited by HomerJay

i wonder how is wife and other family feel at this moment?

i stand by my original statement.

devestated obviously, but to call him selfish show a clear lack of understanding of the effects of depression.

Depression isn't just feeling a bit sad because you got dumped by your girlfriend or work is a bit pants.

It effects the sufferers every minute of every day, sometimes even just mustering the drive to get out of bed and get dressed is far too much for the person to even deal with.

When talking to people with depression they'll counter the selfish argument by saying if people really cared for them they wouldn't be a 'selfish' make them live everyday like they do now.

Mental health problems are one of the country's top killers but because of the 'selfish' argument plus it's not as 'sexy' as the cancers or AIDs it's woefully underfunded and missunderstood

• Site Supporter

to say ive never encountered it is bollocks as you dont know me. but for arguements let say i have, (but im obviously not going to discuss on here)

depression is a state of mind, you deal with it, with a great deal of help from others, but you deal with.

only cowards take the suicide route.

and for the record, that also the opinion (problably not in those words) of a psychiatric nurse i know.

Edited by HomerJay