Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Owen Coyle - BWFC manager

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JUST SPOKE TO MY BROTHER WHO IS THE CATERING MANAGER AT DE VERE WHITES , HE RECKONS PETER REID, JIMMY PHILLIPS AND PHIL GARTSIDE HAVE BEEN IN TALKS ALL NIGHT , HE DOESNT NORMALLY TELL ME ANYTHING - (AS WE NORMALLY DONT SPEAK) BUT HE SAID I THOUGHT I SHOULD KNOW THIS . I TOLD HIM TO STOP BEIN A D1CK AND HE KIND OF SAID HE THOUGHT HE WAS DOING ME A FAVOUR!! (WE ARE NOW ON THE NORMAL NON-SPEAKING TERMS ) .

AH WELL I,LL LIVE .

SURE HE WASNT BULLSH1TTIN THOUGH .

JUST SPOKE TO MY BROTHER WHO IS THE CATERING MANAGER AT DE VERE WHITES , HE RECKONS PETER REID, JIMMY PHILLIPS AND PHIL GARTSIDE HAVE BEEN IN TALKS ALL NIGHT , HE DOESNT NORMALLY TELL ME ANYTHING - (AS WE NORMALLY DONT SPEAK) BUT HE SAID I THOUGHT I SHOULD KNOW THIS . I TOLD HIM TO STOP BEIN A D1CK AND HE KIND OF SAID HE THOUGHT HE WAS DOING ME A FAVOUR!! (WE ARE NOW ON THE NORMAL NON-SPEAKING TERMS ) .

AH WELL I,LL LIVE .

Did they have Steak or Fish??

Apparently Gartside called his friend Flood asking to speak to Coyle

Flood said yes (Kilby was on holiday)

Bolton spoke to Coyle and he agreed

Kilby was furious with Flood no compensation had been set

The 3million clause in his contract relates to an approach from a top 6 club which obviously we are not

We are only prepared to pay 1million

Burnley are refusing to accept this hence the limbo

Burnley know if it goes to court they will lose however they all so know we need to appoint sooner rather than later.

Make of it what you will.

Personally i think Burnley have handled this very naively.

Sit tight and we will get our man.

All the information released has come from Burnley.

Gartside has played this well, not only is he going to get us our dream man but he is also going to get him at a great price.

I'd have settled for Coyle and would prefer to start 10/11 in the Championship with OC than in the Premier League with the misery guts just sacked but he isn't the dream candidate in my view.Of the realistic candidates that is Mark Hughes.

AH WELL I,LL LIVE .

What is always hard to believe about these ITK disclosurers is why would such a top secret meeting be held in such a public place? Why not in Gartside's office or Jimbo's house or at Reid's house - its not like we have to impress Reid with our facilities.

Owen Coyle can walk out on Burnley for nothing after legal advice from the managers? union - but he wants his old club to get a ?1million compensation deal from Bolton in an extraordinary final gesture.

Coyle's barrister - from the League Managers Association solicitors - has told him that he is within his rights to leave Turf Moor because the Clarets have 'breached his contract'.

The LMA claim that Coyle was effectively sacked by Burnley when they called a press conference and discussed a move for a replacement while he was sitting at home and 'suspended'.

Coyle was legally advised to leave and become Bolton's new manager last night, but the Glaswegian refused to take that action because he feared Burnley could miss out on the ?1 million figure in his deal if he won his caseThe highly-rated chief is gagged by Burnley's suspension order but feels that he wants to act properly and make sure his old club get what they deserve - despite some of their behaviour in the past few days.

Coyle learned he was suspended by letter - without any contact from senior officials - and is also stunned by Burnley seeking around ?3million for the move.

The solicitors have checked his contract and texts from Burnley operations director Brendan Flood that confirm he was allowed to meet Wanderers chairman Phil Gartside.

Bolton are willing to pay the full compensation figure in Coyle's contract, but they could have got him for nothing if the manager walked out on the deal.

Coyle's solicitors are very hawkish on the whole issue, but the 43-year-old boss wants the break to be clean. He is expected to speak to Flood again to clear the way for the exit and get the two relegation rivals to sort out the 'transfer' figure.

Bolton want Coyle in charge as soon as possible and they also have to sort out deals for his assistant Sandy Stewart and coach John Henry. And Burnley have already started to consider their options.

Norwich boss Paul Lambert - another emerging Scottish-born manager - is suddenly the bookies' favourite, with Flood working on a short-list of three potential candidates.

Can you do one for klasnic? Or are you a one hit wonder?

I got the idea for the Lee vid from the one i did for Anelka. But i don't have that anymore because my old youtube account got deleted due to me putting to much football copyright on.

I got the idea for the Lee vid from the one i did for Anelka. But i don't have that anymore because my old youtube account got deleted due to me putting to much football copyright on.

I think they were just using that as an excuse, don't you?

I like getition98 already. There, I've said something nice.

Where has he come from?

Out of the darkness with plenty to say to Bolton, Burnley and Blackburn fans sites on the subject of Owen Coyle!

mmmmm I wonder?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.