Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Goal

The only excuse the ref can have is the ever so slight of nudges from Davies.

If your looking for a foul, then the ref can say he sees the nudge

but if that applies to every nudge on the field then the game never gets started

As I say, he had some reason for taking the slight nudge to disallow the goal, be it the award of the free-kick in the first place or he hates Davies or he hates Bolton

I haven't read or heard one pundit say it wasn't a goal and that for Bolton, makes it clear as you like.

I think he's seen the way hangerlands jumped forwards landing flat on his face leaving davies a free header and assumed there must have been a foul. Clattenburgs one of the better refs but that was a shocking decision.

imo, it's so typical of clatenburg. He needs to be centre of attention, with his over the top gestures of why he's given a decision and his stupid hair weave (or whatever he's had).

Nothing game, drifting to a nil-nil and an opportunity arises for everyone to talk about him. Hence, goal disallowed. I can't stand him!

or he's the typical ref who enters a game with pre-conceived ideas about a player.

he sees Davies win a header in a packed penalty area and assumes he must have fouled someone to do so.

Exactly so, Yatesy. It's why Davies is penalised for next to nothing and doesn't get free kicks when defenders climb all over him. Pre-judged by most Prem refs. Simple as.

No supplementary striker signed in January, 4-5-1 at home to Fulham, predestrian pace of a practice match for the first 45 minutes ...... now those are more puzzling questions. If we can't impose ourselves at home and win home games against average to poor teams, we're as good as relegated. I'm clinging onto the hope that OC is gradually feeling his way into this situation, that the squad is worse than he expected, but that he'll get us to the safety mark by the 38th game. Hope rather then expectation.

or he's the typical ref who enters a game with pre-conceived ideas about a player.

he sees Davies win a header in a packed penalty area and assumes he must have fouled someone to do so.

There should be a emoticon for nail on head cause yatesy is spot on. the only thing i would add would be that if we were one of the big four or spurs, villa or citeh then he would have let it stand.

Edited by Big_Girl_Oral_Explosion

Garth Crooks said he saw a push... But he's a nob anyways.

Have you seen the number of arguments he has started on Football Focus/Score/MOTD? He's a WUM- plain and simple. Plus he thinks football shouldn't be a contact sport. Trouble is, he may get his wish!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.