Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton Interested In Cleverley

grego

• 4 months later...

I know a Watford fan who says he was a class above Championship teams last season, read a few articles about up and coming players which have said he looks good.

Midfielder with a creative side apparently.

We've got a shout as Fergie wants him to stay local, didn't enjoy being far away from Manchester apparently

what its got to do with it is that he scored bagfuls

do you think he'll do the same in the prem, this year?

Personally no, I don't think he will

Cleverly scored a goal every 3 games in a poor team in a relegation battle, pretty good I'd say. He's rated by Utd so he must be worth a go

Edited by bwfcol

Daily Mirror seems to be going along with what the Bolton News wrote today - we are favourites to land him as fergie is impressed with the progress wilshire made last season and wants cleverly to do the same.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Bolton-transfer-news-Owen-Coyle-hopes-to-beat-Newcastle-to-the-signing-of-Manchester-United-starlet-Tom-Cleverley-article544315.html

Also, if the mirror (and also the mail) are to be believed, Danny Shittu could possibly move to turkish side Trabsonspor and earn ?1m a year.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Bolton-defender-Danny-Shittu-in-talks-over-Trabsonspor-move-article544329.html

I think if both pieces of news are true then that would be good. Shittu will prob be on a decent wage and be good to get rid. Cleverley can't be on too much and he did well in a struggling watford team last season. Seems to be very energetic, versatile and can score goals which is what our centre midfield needs.

Hope if shittu does go then coyle can bring in a better replacement. With AOB hinting at moving and a Cahill move to arsenal still a possibility i think the CB area is the next priority (assuming we get cleverly and hopefully klasnic)

Good/relatively cheap targets (in terms of transfer fee) - curtis davies, anton ferdinand?

Tony Dunne, Alan Gowling, Willie Morgan, Brian Kidd all ex United played for us. What the fuck does it matter what team a player has had connections with?

Is it right to have rivalrys with another team but forget all that when we sign them? I'm a man of principle and not two faced, my hatred of that lot runs deep. If you like them that's up to you Olly !

The Views of DMB blog stretford-End.com

As with Welbeck, we?ve known Cleverly would be going out on loan to a Premier League club for a few weeks now. I?d prefer we keep Cleverly as our options in the center of midfield aren?t too plentiful, but I think he?d get more experience at Bolton. This is probably a good move to him; definitely better than the rumored Newcastle move in my opinion. I wish we could see him in a United kit this season, but his future is certainly bright and there will be plenty of time for him to grace the pitch at Old Trafford.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.