Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Recent Filums I've Watched

Smiley

got it but i'm intending to wait

All the blokes in our house were grateful for a three hour interruption between the Xmas day usual shiite. Cinematic 70mm widescreen shots of a snowbound Wyoming will look amazing on the panoramic view at the cinema,Tarantino at his best.. 9.75/10. 

• Moderators

All the blokes in our house were grateful for a three hour interruption between the Xmas day usual shiite. Cinematic 70mm widescreen shots of a snowbound Wyoming will look amazing on the panoramic view at the cinema,Tarantino at his best.. 9.75/10. 

thats it

im gonna wait

will make do with the tarantino box set i got til then

is there a better scene than the beginning of basterds

Watched lone survivor last night, fantastic film based on a true story about four Us navy seals under attack from the Taliban. Well worth watching 9/10.

Might be based on a true story but the utter bollox added to it made it laughable.

Edited by Underpants

Brooklyn. Nice one for the ladies, very arty and portrays Brooklyn and mid nowhere Ireland in the 1950's very well. 

However it was written by Nick Hornby of Fever Pitch, the devil incarnate for me as far as modern football is concerned and for that reason only it rates 6.5/10.

The Revenant. Fucking hell. Only for those who like their Westerns as real as it probably it was. Brutal with very little dialogue and 2.5 hrs long. Set in the 1820 frontier land of Montana & South Dakota in deepest mid winter with big snow scenes as per Hateful 8. Overnight camping in the horse was different. 8.5/10 from me.

• Moderators

Got about half hour into reverent and couldn't be doing with it so will go back to it another time

Prob as had just watched hateful 8 which was ok once it got going but not a patch on other tarentino stuff - 7/10

Edited by ZicoKelly

The Revenant - 7/10. Could've been shorter. Great scenery.

Joy - 6/10. Classed as comedy/drama. Was pretty grim. It could've been much better.

Hateful 8 - 7/10. Again, it was typical QT but different setting with different lead character plus the usual QT suspects.

Steve Jobs - 6/10. Expected a lot lot more.

• Moderators

Hateful 8 - 7/10. Again, it was typical QT but different setting with different lead character plus the usual QT suspects.

SPOILER ALERT

Having Channing Tatum on the credits, who is a big name, then not having him in the cabin in a film called the hateful eight, I was expecting him to pop up out the blue

Whilst not related, I said to the Mrs he's under the floorboards when they showed that suspicious jelly bean on the floor, just like them in inglorious bastards