Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bwsa

globaldiver

"Meeting at the Reebok

After holding several meeting with the official supporters club BWSA, it has been agreed that we attend tomorrows (Tues 19th Oct) official monthly meeting in the Lion of Vienna Suite 7.45pm. to answer any questions supporters may have, regarding our intentions or commitment to BWFC.

We know its short notice, but if anybody wants to attend, The meeting will take place after the bwsa?s regular ?meet the players? section (who interestingly enough are our 2 stand out performers from Saturday?s game, Gary Cahill and Stuart Holden)

We would welcome everybody who has shown an interest, would like to see change in our supporters set up or who would just like to get involved and hope that as many of you as possible can make it !

Come on, Have your say and make a difference !

Regards, Matt"

bwcfsc@mail.com

I didn't say I wanted to change anything.

Our point is, we're the only club in the premiership whose supporters don?t have a say in how the club is run!

Our fan base is so fragmented with all the forums and what not, the club has to rely on outsourcing for supporter feedback when surely an effective supporters club will give them all the feed back they could ever want and more besides!

Was it on here I read last night that people where suggesting ideas to the club 5/6yrs ago? Surely we shouldn?t have to wait that long to put these idea in place?

Our point is, we're the only club in the premiership whose supporters don?t have a say in how the club is run!

Surely that's bollocks. I would imagine the fans of most of the teams don't have any say at all. They may get a voice, but it'll be ignored

Do utd fans have a say in how their club is run?

The official Supporters do, in fact I'm told that all their champions league away tickets are allocated exclusively to the official supporters club members!

And don?t forget, Barcelona's official supporters association actually own their club

• Site Supporter

The official Supporters do, in fact I'm told that all their champions league away tickets are allocated exclusively to the official supporters club members!

And don?t forget, Barcelona's official supporters association actually own their club

thats very different and totally irrelevent.

if it makes you feel better then go for it.

Our fan base is so fragmented with all the forums and what not, the club has to rely on outsourcing for supporter feedback when surely an effective supporters club will give them all the feed back they could ever want and more besides!

Was it on here I read last night that people where suggesting ideas to the club 5/6yrs ago? Surely we shouldn?t have to wait that long to put these idea in place?

so what would you as BWSC use your say to get the club to do?

Not to knock your efforts but i don't think there's a fat lot that the fans can change. Nevermind the club its self.

of the main gripes of supporters

* BWFC ticket prices are amongst the lowest in the prem

* standing during a premier league football game is outlawed

* as is drinking and smoking in the seats

* unless someone comes up with ?100m+ the stadium is going to be in horridge for the forseable future

people may not be talking to the club directly but they've got snoops on all the sites so know what the feeling amongst fans is.

• Moderators

Proof please.

The advantage of outsourcing is that they get the real picture, or as close as is possible, and individual agendas get ignored.

Nope, but the only realistic way to change that is to raise a few million and buy the club. Incompentence is entrenched, the moment you stand on anyone's shoes you'll be booted out. The only way to get recognition is to nod your head, say yes and lick some ass (see BWSA).

Irrefutable proof that they have a say in the way the club is run wouldn't you say?

Forums are read by the club FACT.

I can understand why people on here would be sceptical of anything the club might suggest, but I'm gobsmacked at the negativity towards this venture from so many!

We're supporters just like you, we have the same apprehensions and misgivings when dealing with the club and the official supporters club, but the only way we feel we can change things is if we all come together and change from within!

I don't want to be on here in 10yrs time moaning about the same things, ok, the club is doing everything it can to re-connect with the fans, but we've all been supporting this club long enough to know that can change over night, therefore we feel we should take advantage of the situation and get the supporters club in a position that we feel it?s lost over the last 20yrs,

representing the majority of fans, not just the blue rinse brigade?

I can understand why people on here would be sceptical of anything the club might suggest, but I'm gobsmacked at the negativity towards this venture from so many!

We're supporters just like you, we have the same apprehensions and misgivings when dealing with the club and the official supporters club, but the only way we feel we can change things is if we all come together and change from within!

I don't want to be on here in 10yrs time moaning about the same things, ok, the club is doing everything it can to re-connect with the fans, but we've all been supporting this club long enough to know that can change over night, therefore we feel we should take advantage of the situation and get the supporters club in a position that we feel it?s lost over the last 20yrs,

which of these moans can the club realistically solve?

• Site Supporter

I admire your spirit, but I think you're wasting your time.

I'll tell you right now what would improve the atmosphere at Ice Station Reebok:

1) Standing areas

2) Free distress flares for those areas

3) Drinking booze allowed all around the ground

4) An "ultras"-style supporters section with big banners.

5) 3/4 more pubs at Migglebrook.

The thing is, these won't happen as long as I've got a hole in my arse. The whole thing is turning more NFL as each season goes by and supporters wll continue to be simply coerced into thinking it's what they want. They'll be holding tailgate parties on the car park in 4/5 years, mark my words.

Say what you like about my suggestions, but I', actually deadly serious. Such things would bring back atmosphere to a stadium that is, rightly, seen as a soft touch even if our team isn't currently.

So until these things happen, I'm out. But actually in every week cos it's in the blood. You get my drift.

I'll tell you right now what would improve the atmosphere at Ice Station Reebok:

1) Standing areas

The thing is, these won't happen as long as I've got a hole in my arse. The whole thing is turning more NFL as each season goes by and supporters wll continue to be simply coerced into thinking it's what they want. They'll be holding tailgate parties on the car park in 4/5 years, mark my words.

Say what you like about my suggestions, but I', actually deadly serious. Such things would bring back atmosphere to a stadium that is, rightly, seen as a soft touch even if our team isn't currently.

So until these things happen, I'm out. But actually in every week cos it's in the blood. You get my drift.

wish it was, drinking, standing and more food than you can stick a shake at.

TBH i think tailgate parties would do wonders for the atmosphere at the reebok however being Bolton it'd get hijacked by scrotes and filth turning up Homer Simpson style and mooching off everyone else.

I'm not sceptical of the things the club suggests, I think the club have tried hard to buck the overall trend in falling attendances and listened to many suggestions the fans have put forward. Many of the reasons people dont go (some listed above) or don't want to engage are not within the clubs gift to do anything about. There is a lot of scepticism as to the types of people and their motives for joining supporters organisations. Initiatives such as flag wavers, drummers and dancers are all the kind of things introduced by a supports associtation suggeation box to improve the overall matchday experience but to be polite are counter productive.

1) Standing areas

Fair point, Now what about some realistic ideas like

Creating a 'lever end' (north upper tier) get the young kids in, the singers, make it affordable for anyone (the price of going to the pictures) charge ?8 youth ?13 adult, did anyone notice the atmosphere on Saturday when the upper tier was full in the away end, because the singing supporters are closer to the roof, the noise bounces back down and creates an unbelievable sound, reminiscent of Burnden!

Make the corners family areas, with the ticket packages to fill them ie ?15 adult

Make the upper tiers on the east and west ?22 adult with the lower tier ?28

Make away end ?18 adult ?8 junior, no better atmosphere when the away end is full, plus clubs will feel obliged to reduce the price of the return fixture, making it cheaper for us!

Gate areas around the concourse outside the exits for smokers to go at half time!

Bring in better Beer Company, at affordable prices

These are all doable, I suppose you can pick holes with everything, but there are a thousand things we as supporters can come up with to make the experience better !

• Site Supporter

Creating a 'lever end' (north upper tier) get the young kids in, the singers, make it affordable for anyone (the price of going to the pictures) charge ?8 youth ?13 adult, did anyone notice the atmosphere on Saturday when the upper tier was full in the away end, because the singing supporters are closer to the roof, the noise bounces back down and creates an unbelievable sound, reminiscent of Burnden!

Make the corners family areas, with the ticket packages to fill them ie ?15 adult

Make away end ?18 adult ?8 junior, no better atmosphere when the away end is full, plus clubs will feel obliged to reduce the price of the return fixture, making it cheaper for us!

Gate areas around the concourse outside the exits for smokers to go at half time!

These are all doable, I suppose you can pick holes with everything, but there are a thousand things we as supporters can come up with to make the experience better !

But realistic is the same old ideas.

You asked what I wanted, so I told you.

Genuinely, good luck, I mean it.

But I want flares. The firework type.

Which just goes to show it's not easy for the club as it's all about opinions . Quite a few of the ideas above I would not put my name to.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.