Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Non League Chatter

leigh white

Won Best Football Pie at last year's British Pie Awards.

Morecambe won it this year.

Not sure that's an award we'll ever be up for.

Had alot of mates play for Glossop North End over the years

Was supposed to go to Wembley watching them in the FA Vase final a couple of years ago but never made it, can't remember why

Tameside / North Derbyshire has a strong tradition for non-league football, many feel that City's move out that way could have a detrimental effect on the clubs around there but I don't see it myself

Had alot of mates play for Glossop North End over the years

Was supposed to go to Wembley watching them in the FA Vase final a couple of years ago but never made it, can't remember why

Tameside / North Derbyshire has a strong tradition for non-league football, many feel that City's move out that way could have a detrimental effect on the clubs around there but I don't see it myself

Loads of clubs in Tameside, with Mossley ,Droylsden, Ashton Utd, Hyde Utd , Stalybridge, Curzon Ashton, and they all play midweek games on a monday for some unknown reason. Edited by leigh white

As a kid I used to to Ewens field watching Hyde on a Monday night when they had a plastic pitch....I enjoyed it apart from their Utd chant ala the red filth

They also had an odd one that went

1, 2, 3, 4 can you hear the tigers roar....rooooaaaarrrrr!

Saw them win a cup final at Burnden once; was odd watching my non-league team at my main team's ground

Just back from Glossop lovely wee ground in the shadow of the Derbyshire hills.

I don't normally indulge in a pie :whistle: but had to give it a try after enzo's post. Chunky steak from from local butchers ?1.40 very nice.

2 nice boozers right outside station, ground only 5 mins walk ?3.60 return on train will be back. :good:

Edited by peebles

I walked to the Holker St ground today for the Barrow - Wrexham game, old bill everywhere to prevent mither,,a decent game when the bluebirds took the lead in the second half. Just a shite afternoon later on watching Bolton in the pub.

I hate Barrow Reds.

Don't hate them pity them like every scum fan who does not hail from Manchester they are pea brained pricks who wanna belong to a city that they have no connection with and therefore denying there real place of birth.

Just back from Glossop lovely wee ground in the shadow of the Derbyshire hills.

I don't normally indulge in a pie :whistle: but had to give it a try after enzo's post. Chunky steak from from local butchers ?1.40 very nice.

2 nice boozers right outside station, ground only 5 mins walk ?3.60 return on train will be back. :good:

That does sound good and much better day than the one experienced at the Bok. Suppose you have to take the pain 2 enjoy the gain, but its a long time coming.

Don't hate them pity them like every scum fan who does not hail from Manchester they are pea brained pricks who wanna belong to a city that they have no connection with and therefore denying there real place of birth.

To fucking true, anyway had a laugh with the turnstile lady today when i saw that it was made in Patricroft when i worked at the place making the cunts.

Brother in law comes from barrow but lives in preston and has been a season ticket holder at the scum for over 30 years. he is everything you hate in a utd fan.

The folk who follow Barrow in the town are the most genuine people you could come across, the rest are scum.

That endorses my view point anyone who travels 100s of miles to watch a club with no connection with themselves has to be a very weak minded individual, I would rather stand shoulder to shoulder with someone who supports Barrow and was born there than some weak minded tosser who thinks that by following United that he can bask in some sort of reflected glory, what a set of fuckwits these type of people are.

That endorses my view point anyone who travels 100s of miles to watch a club with no connection with themselves has to be a very weak minded individual, I would rather stand shoulder to shoulder with someone who supports Barrow and was born there than some weak minded tosser who thinks that by following United that he can bask in some sort of reflected glory, what a set of fuckwits these type of people are.

In one, i dont have a lot of coin to spend at the moment, but would rather give it to a club than sat in a pub full of halfwits watching a match.

And whilst you're at it, get the list of these corporate days for me, please.

I'm definitely doing one this season and if I like it, I'll do some more.

Just looking through Cols fixture list, they have 1 Monday night game in October (H)a Tuesday night game in November (A)a Monday Night fixture in December (H) and January (A)

There just doesn't seem to be any particular reason other than that's what the league tell you to play.

I'll keep you informed of the next corporate day.

does anyone remember when chorley beat wolves in the f.a cup?

I do, my mate Mossy scored, he used to play for us [at the Bug] on Sunday mornings, top lad Paul, he left tickets on the gate at Burnden for a few of us, my missus at the time said, "if you go to football tonight we are over" when I got home she had gone, so yes I remember it very well :pardon:

Reet, for anyone who enjoys a good game of football with agression thrown in, Athy Colls play local rivals Hindsford in the knockout stages (oh yes we are in tune with Europe)of the Atherton Charity Cup on Tuesday night, as always everyone is welcome.

Next Saturday Athy Colls play our most hated rivals, Atherton LR in the FA Vase at Crilly Park (home of LR) there are a few of us meeting in The Little Lion about 1:30 before we go 'en masse' to the game, join us, you are welcome :drinks:

Cheers folks :drinks:

Edited by athywhite1958