Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Non League Chatter

leigh white

Good to see you again mate, tough pre season game under the belt, it's all about finding the right mix with the new players, great set up there too

Great to see you pal. Think your right once you get LG and TB fit and bedded in with the rest of the lads there could be fire works. I’ll pop down to Colls now and again if I’m not watching the Wanderers.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

Great to see you pal. Think your right once you get LG and TB fit and bedded in with the rest of the lads there could be fire works. I’ll pop down to Colls now and again if I’m not watching the Wanderers.

If they’re not the new Messi and Ronaldo by September then I’ll be blaming you! ????

Salford sign Adam Rooney from Aberdeen.

Supposed to be on £5k a week ????????

A player moving from the SPL to English non-league football ????????

There was a player who went from Queen of the South in Scot Champ to the now (unsurprisingly) defunct Celtic Nation from Carlisle in the Northern League a few years ago for similarly daft money.

And to think Salford always wanted to point out that they weren’t throwing money around etc. Pull the other one.

What's the aim with Salford? There's no money to be made? I know Nevile is trying to desperately get local groups to come under his Salford city banner but I'm confused by it at the moment. Seems like rich blokes play thing

When the takeover was first suggested, it was to act as an academy for the local area to give local youngsters a chance to play at a decent level.

£375,000 transfer fee and £6,000 a week for three years would suggest that’s gone for a Burton.

What's the aim with Salford? There's no money to be made? I know Nevile is trying to desperately get local groups to come under his Salford city banner but I'm confused by it at the moment. Seems like rich blokes play thing

Look at my post above. Will be a B team. They're all rags and it will be the start of something miserable

Serious question for you Colls types.......is this the sort of thing you would like to happen at Colls, or would you rather stay as it is and a bit "jumpers for goalposts" in the non league? - I assume that Salford are aiming for league status, and without big money backing, then that's nigh on impossible

My mate goes, he's Citeh. It does appear to have its own identity. Shit for the 40 or so that used to go, before the takeover.

I bet he is one of a few though. I just don't get what's appealing about it unless you were a fan before or a rag. They'll slow down at some point like fleetwood, Crawley and fuck em