Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Norwich

looks like they are coming up

just scored at fratton park and a load of man united fans went mental behind the goal

what a shit trip that game is goin to be

It's a long journey but a good day out.

I'd much rather go there than to Cardiff.

going down going down going down going down going down going down going down going down going down going down going down going down

Well done to them for the double promotion, but odds on favourites to occupy one of the relegation spots - that's one less for us.

Enjoyed a 2-0 win when Michael Ricketts scored twice and we all sang of Happy Als coaches for some reason! Bloody long way though! November 2000?

Ricketts got 1: Bergsson scored the other.

I said on a different forum that we should have taken a gamble on Simeon Jackson last summer before Norwich signed him, admittedly took him a bit to settle but in the last 3 months or so has been on fire and is stupidly quick.

• Moderators

I said on a different forum that we should have taken a gamble on Simeon Jackson last summer before Norwich signed him, admittedly took him a bit to settle but in the last 3 months or so has been on fire and is stupidly quick.

like many others, you probably suggested we should sign about 728 players

unfortunately coyle (and others actually paid to do the job) don't have that luxury

It's a long journey but a good day out.

I'd much rather go there than to Cardiff.

I would say the chances of Norwich and Cardiff both gaining automatic promotion are pretty high.

Meanwhile at the other end... Sheffield United and Wednesday will meet in the Third Division for the first time in over 30 years next season. The Boxing Day fixture in 1979 attracted a crowd of almost 50,000, which is still a record attendance at that level.

Well done to them. They came up, bought well and played some great football to get another promotion; hugely impressive.

Their squad is poor, even by Championship standards, but they got promoted because their manager did the job and they had one player who was absolutely on fire; just like Blackpool. When you have a manager who can turn average players into a good team you always a chance of causing a few upsets.

Will also help if they can retain their loan players.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.