Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

This Fight Satdy

• Site Supporter

Christ Garp :D . I mean I know Haye's your boy and everything but even with a certain level of bias you can't expect people to take you on if you ignore so many realities. Klitshcko had bad nights against Brewster and Sanders (7 and 8 years ago respectively) but this happens in the heavyweight division, just as Lewis had bad nights against McCall and Rahman. Have you made the effort to watch any of the much more recent fights where Klitschko wiped the floor with his opposition? Against Byrd (twice), the Brewster rematch, Chagaev, or Peter? Am I supposed to form an opinion on Haye based on pensioner Ruiz rocking him, or the complete lack of attacking endeavour against Valuev? The stamina issues? That his gob has got him a crack at Klitscko he probably doesn't yet deserve? Or that he's a blown up cruiserweight who relies on love handles for extra weight? Or how about getting knocked out against Carl Thompson whilst still a cruiser? And Adam Booth is meant to be the difference, do me a favour! Have you seen the bloke Klitscko has looking after him?? Or I could point out the most obvious fact, which is that he is palpably untested at the higher level and against Klitschko is in so much deeper than ever before. Listen to the experts. 90% of them are telling you that Haye stands a puncher's chance. You cannot go from Ruiz to Valuev to Harrison to Klitschko and expect to be favourite. It's like England beating Armenia one nil on a Wednesday and being talked up against Brazil the following Saturday (actually that happens every two years, funny that).

Personally, I don't dismiss him entirely and I do I think Haye will have his moments early and may be a danger throughout, and perhaps it wouldn't be THE most stunning upset, but he needs to swing for the hills early, which he's never done before. Klitscko might even as much as stroll to a points win.

But you're missing the point that Haye is also a much better fighter than 7 years ago, and probably more improved than Klitchsko.

Haye comes across as a cunt before fights, but it's just showbusiness, he comes across much better post fight, and if he loses on Saturday you'll see this.

By the way, did anyone see Vitali pipe up in the press conference today, wanting Haye to promise he would be at the post fight press conference.

Haye replied, "just make sure you get there, and not be in the ambulance with your brother"

Vlad not impressed, but it's just the game, end of.

He's a hateful and classless cunt. He's not improved since his charming jibe about gang rape before the Harrison 'fight.' The British public should disown him.

And you'll note improvements on Klitshcko's part over that same period. Look, Haye has got a chance, but he has far fewer methods of victory than Klitscko. The idea that Haye is anything other than an underdog is bonkers.

Guest bwfcdan

He's a hateful and classless cunt. He's not improved since his charming jibe about gang rape before the Harrison 'fight.' The British public should disown him.

And you'll note improvements on Klitshcko's part over that same period. Look, Haye has got a chance, but he has far fewer methods of victory than Klitscko. The idea that Haye is anything other than an underdog is bonkers.

I found the remark quite funny. He'd fit in well on here :good:

Edited by bwfcdan

Some very good points maggie, some i agree with some i don't.

Thats what i love about boxing, with football i genuinley think a lot of people talk shit, but with boxing two people can have completely differ views but be talking sense.

Il leave it for haye to do the talking ;)

I dont doubt haye is the underdog, but i think this is one of those occasions where the underdog wins.

If im wrong il be the first to admit it

Come on the hayemaker

Guest Frandsen08

I don't want to get in trouble with Carlos but.....

I don't have the ppv channel and wondered if the usual alternatives to sky football would be available in this instance?

I'd imagine so it's PPV so you should be able to if not get yourself to a boozer they'll be showing it

Sorry to go off topic, but while it's a boxing thread I thought I'd chuck it in.

Did any of you watch Macklin Sturm?

I'm not sure if he scrapped it or not, but he defo deserves a rematch.

Great fight.

Quality fight that

not sure how one judge had it 115v113 and the others 116v112 the other way. Strange. I thought it was very close but the german finished stronger and to take a title off someone in their own back yard you usually have to have clearly won

Guest Frandsen08

you don't want to know mate

have you been speaking to our mutual friend?

no mate i nearly text him but hes in vegas so i thought fuck that!

never really betted on the boxing but this for some reason has got me wanting to

Read your message wrong! Someones had a drink!

Aye, i went vegas with him 18 month ago and now the twats gone with someone else, im jealous as fuck

You dont want to follow me with the fight, maggie could well be right And ive overhyped 'my hero' to much

Guest Frandsen08

Read your message wrong! Someones had a drink!

Aye, i went vegas with him 18 month ago and now the twats gone with someone else, im jealous as fuck

You dont want to follow me with the fight, maggie could well be right And ive overhyped 'my hero' to much

ha ha well im going with haye, i really think he'll outwit him haye in the 8th 21-1 i'll have that

I think it was the Hatton v Mayweather that I last look forward to as much as this, I really do hope that Haye wins and I think the fact Wladimir has been put on his arse 11 times and Haye has knocked out his opponent in 23 of his 25 mins tells its own story, different weight class maybe but he has a piss poor chin and Haye should take advantage of that.

reckon the ring walk will start at 10 and the fight will start around 1030

its an educated guess though as theres no official confirmation

wouldn't be suprised if Haye delayed everything to piss Ivan Drago off

Everyone who knows owt about boxing has Klitschko a comfortable favourite, so call me old fashioned but I'm going with them. It would be a bonus if twat Haye gets the bejeesus beaten from him but Klitschko isn't that sort.

Apart from Barry McGuigan. I still reckon Haye has got a decent chance if he gets in his face from the first bell. If he connects with Klitschko's chin with a shot like the one he wobbled Valuev with, then he'll drop him.

That said, he'll have to do it earlyish in the fight.

Personally, I don't think it will be as straightforward as some of the pundits seem to think it will. Genuinely think this one could be a cracker!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.