Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

This Fight Satdy

he seems ok that big bloke in the intervues haye sounds a twat :drinks:

He's just trying to play mr nice guy - if you actually listen to what he says its as boring as his fights - watching him try to trash talk on HBO was fucking embarassing

"Mr flashy flash, he wants to....he wants to be wannaby, he's wannaby" Genius.

Guest Frandsen08

he seems ok that big bloke in the intervues haye sounds a twat :drinks:

It'd be boring if both boxers were quiet and sensible

For every nice guy you need a cocky bastard to add to the hype of it.

Read today that manny vs mayweather is going to happen now that is tasty

Really looking forward this, been away all week and this is defo gonna be my highlight.

As mentioned on a previous thread, Haye speed v Klit jab. Take no notice of the experts - 29 of 31 had Degale to bt Groves .... And with this one we have the famous punchers chance.

Got a full day of boozing lined up (not my preference before a big fight) then off to watch the fight at a mates. Huge cross over fight, let's all enjoy.

Great that the HW div is creating such interest again.

(haye in round 7)

He's just trying to play mr nice guy - if you actually listen to what he says its as boring as his fights - watching him try to trash talk on HBO was fucking embarassing

"Mr flashy flash, he wants to....he wants to be wannaby, he's wannaby" Genius.

He's a fucking Ukrainian with a PhD you daft cunt! And you want to get at him for lagging behind in the trash talk bullshit beforehand??

I will give you the benefit of the doubt by assuming this

Haye's the...more skilled boxer,

is an attempt at satire.

Haye is taller & heavier than Tyson in his prime, Wlad is shorter and lighter than prime Lennox Lewis.

Not all of that is true, but even if it were, how is it relevant?

Stick to GCSE Economics mon.

Maggie, I will hold my hands up if I am wrong, no problem at all i'l be the first to admit it (im good like that).

but you are going to be shocked, this is going to be an execution that will shock the world.

Ive had some bets in my time, but this is the biggest ive ever had.

As will I mate, as will I, provided all is fair and above board. I won't like Haye any more though, as the chances of him behaving with an ounce of class and decorum in victory are fucking nil. You betting big on it doesn't make him winning any more likely, I might add. I know they don't always get it right, but the experts really are more or less unanimous on this one and the reason is that Haye is totally unproven. I agree he has a shout at an upset, but I also agree with the consensus that he needs to blast Klitschko out early or forget it. All Klitsckho has to do is stay away, grab on, jab and ultimately yawn his way to a points win or wait till late on to take advantage of the dodgy chin and poor stamina we know Haye possesses.

As will I mate, as will I, provided all is fair and above board. I won't like Haye any more though, as the chances of him behaving with an ounce of class and decorum in victory are fucking nil. You betting big on it doesn't make him winning any more likely, I might add. I know they don't always get it right, but the experts really are more or less unanimous on this one and the reason is that Haye is totally unproven. I agree he has a shout at an upset, but I also agree with the consensus that he needs to blast Klitschko out early or forget it. All Klitsckho has to do is stay away, grab on, jab and ultimately yawn his way to a points win or wait till late on to take advantage of the dodgy chin and poor stamina we know Haye possesses.

If he wins, theres not a cat in hells chance he behaves with an ounce of class or decorum! he will be straight after Vitali slagging the pair of them off. If he loses I think you will be suprised, he will be one of the best losers you could see and wish Wlad well.

Of course my bet doesn't make him winning any more likely, ive just never been so confident. Win or lose, don't listen to the experts they get it wrong more than they do right.

The poor stamina is long gone, this Ruben Tabares is the absolute bollox, im serious there isn't a human being on the planet in the better condition than David Haye. The weigh in tomorrow will be a real eye opener.

This is what I love about boxing, two people can have completely different views about the fight and both know the sport.

On this occasion you are wrong ;)

Edited by Garrp

the yanks aren't bothered about owt they they don't think they're best at

I understand the sentiment but they're still well into golf and tennis despite not being best at that either for example

I'm just saying that apart from devout boxing fans, we're only so bothered because Haye is a Brit

• Moderators

I understand the sentiment but they're still well into golf and tennis despite not being best at that either for example

I'm just saying that apart from devout boxing fans, we're only so bothered because Haye is a Brit

i think thats true

but

if haye does win, then we're back to my earlier point

the hype around haye and the other one would be massive

theres definitely a bit of me sees that a wlad defeat would open the floodgates cash and interest wise

i think thats true

but

if haye does win, then we're back to my earlier point

the hype around haye and the other one would be massive

theres definitely a bit of me sees that a wlad defeat would open the floodgates cash and interest wise

this is big in america

not as big as it is for us

but its big

I'm no boxing expert mate, but, those first two knockdowns are very suspect?

First, that looked a clear shot to the back of the head, and the second, did anything connect? Looked as though he slipped into him and went down?

• Members

Haye had blinking well better win

... by KO/TKO

... before half-way through the 8th round!

I've got twenty British pounds saying he will do.

And, yes, I know I'm extravagant. That's just how I roll.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.