Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

He's Been Sacked!

SnoopJohnnyJohn

• Moderators

When Wednesday scored at the weekend, the scorer and a few other players ran over to celebrate with Megson. Might be looking a bit too much into it, but to me that suggests they knew something was about to happen.

they'd lost 3 in a row before hand and word was mandaric was losing his patience - so guess the celebration was a show of support of him and that they wanted him to remain

This was on the cards before the Sheffield derby game on Sunday as Megson had already gone to the LMA complianing about Mandric approaching replacements before he had been sacked. I thought the derby win would have given him until the end of the season.

Mandric has effectively saved Sheff Weds from administration with the millions he has invested. Four defeats on the bounce prior to Sunday and with Shef Utd having two games in hand clearly he didnt believe he was capable of getting them up automatically and didnt fancy him leading them into the playoffs.

Still, made me smile this morning.

• Site Supporter

Can't abide by the curly eared bitter ginger bastard but seems a bit harsh potting him in the position they are in. That said, for it to have happened, there must have been something going on in the background which the general public are not aware of.

Still, i'm more bothered about our club than that pillock - lets hope his roses are in full bloom this summer

It did what he was paid to at Bolton by keeping us up but he wasn't wanted from the start. He didn't help himself with his dour interviews and comments.

He seemed to be ok at Wednesday but as someone has already said he will walk away with another pay off.

Oh and he's a cunt!

Problem is, as much as I am delighted he has been sacked, he has had

a massive payout from us and now Sheff Wed.

Also given the fact he has done reasonably well at Sheff Weds, I bet he walks

straight into another job !!

Not that massive from us. He was on a year's rolling contract and didn't get a lump sum. They just paid him for a year, which was one of things he was bitching about.

He still had two and a half year's on his contract at Wednesday, but at League One wages.

Ok, more dosh than most of us will ever see, but nowhere near what Allardyce walked out with from Newcastle, for example.

• Members

You reckon? I don't. Whether we stay up or not will be down to Coyle.

Just imagine how satisfying it would be to send them (and him) down to the Championship. Mind you, just imagine his smug bastard face if the other way round.

• Site Supporter

Got an email this morning from OwlsTalk. (I must have joined on a wind-up mission when Megson first got the job)

SWFC released a statement last night (29th February 2012) confirming that Gary Megson had been released from the club.

Owlstalk would like to place on record our sincere thanks to Gary for his hard work and effort in taking the club to third place in the division and for bringing about a pride and workrate that we'd not seen for quite some time.

Gary was (and still will be) a proud Wednesdayite.. one of us.. and it's this passion and pride that endeared him to many Sheffield Wednesday fans, ourselves included.

We wish Gary Megson well in the future and hope that the messages on Owlstalk to him from the supporters go some way to easing the pain a little of being removed from his ultimate dream job.

The fans are posting their reactions to the news on Owlstalk today so visit the forum and add your opinion to the managerial change and much more..

Up The Owls

Neil Hargreaves

Owlstalk - Sheffield Wednesday Forum - http://www.owlstalk.co.uk