Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Whats Your Local?

gonzo

• Site Supporter

Ainsworth is going the way Nab Gate at Harwood went.

Popular landlord jacked it to be replaced by the most obnoxious pair of cretins that ever ran a pub.

One or two regulars, myself included, spoke to them quietly about the way they were ruining OUR local pub

They got bouncers in!

I opened the serving hatch in order that the new landlady could get through and she never said thanks, kiss my arse or anything else. Now I hate bad manners and rudeness so I told her it was a pleasure. BARRED!

Pretty soon all the regulars gor barred too. Most eventually went back but I'm a little more stubborn.

I can understand why it shut and changed to a restaurant.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Juan Kerr is a shit fan, like me, our paths probably cross quite often, whilst not knowing each other - it's always been my 'local', whether as a kid playing football, 'rambo' or tree-climbing or, in later years - getting pissed and combining the three...still climb the wall at times :D

Edited by Youri McAnespie

Nearest is Top Spinners but I prefer The Cardwell or Bottom Spinners (Oh matron!). If I am lucky enough to enjoy a pint on a Friday after work then its the Long Pull (Flea Pit). Not that I get out much these days!

I live in between Cardwell and Top Spinners, I go in the later more often for the 3pm games

• Site Supporter

I live in between Cardwell and Top Spinners, I go in the later more often for the 3pm games

You must live fairly close by then pal!

Last time I was in the Top Spinners was over a month ago for a couple on a Sunday afternoon - like I said, I don't get out much these days!

Don't really have a local but best pubs locally have to be The Swan or the globe on tottington road, still not great though.

Local used to be one called the woolpack round the corner but thats turned into an indian now. Shame that.

Edited by matty2094

Starkie Arms, gets some bad stick, but not a bad pub these days since it's been done up, plenty of cheap beer too.

Got the 3rd different landlord in at the minute though since it changed, scousers, but they seem alreet.

Play darts for the Balmoral too, but maybe moving to the greyhound soon, as the Balmoral desperatly needs a new landlord to turn the place round.

Guest Frandsen08

Craven Heifer... Rough as fuck but who cares...

is that the one opposite the lamb on blackburn road with the sloping roof?

Doffy

Hope and Anchor and Doffy both decent boozers.Ale seems to have got a bit better last few times I've been in the Doffy.Heaton Cricket club is ok on a summer sunday afternoon but bland the rest of the time.Finishers is full of stuck up nobs who eloped from Fannies on Markland Hill and decided to stay.Lets not mention Colliers and Temp.

You must live fairly close by then pal!

Last time I was in the Top Spinners was over a month ago for a couple on a Sunday afternoon - like I said, I don't get out much these days!

Im the guy with the Pug Dog that isnt wired up right

• Site Supporter

Im the guy with the Pug Dog that isnt wired up right

Just for clarity, dog not wired up right or dog owner? Maybe Danny could leave this for a while until more reliable answers are posted.

I'm wondering if Winchester is the bloke who pleasures himself at the front bedroom window across from you :D

No the guy was having a shower with the light on, it was Dark outside so all we saw was his sillhouette through the frosted glass knocking one out.

No the guy was having a shower with the light on, it was Dark outside so all we saw was his sillhouette through the frosted glass knocking one out.

Apologies. I thought your good lady had seen his length in all it's glory the way she got excited when telling me :)

Apologies. I thought your good lady had seen his length in all it's glory the way she got excited when telling me :)

No we were out with the dog, he isnt the guy opposite but a bit further up the street the funny thing was that i shouted the mrs to look at the top of my voice, the bloke in the shower must have heard but i reckon he was approaching the vinegars as he paused for a sec and then quickly carried on

• Site Supporter

Well I can safely say it wasn't me you saw knocking one out in the shower as there isn't a window in direct view of mine! :D

Hmmm... Not seen anyone out walking a Pug to be honest, I must make it out to the pub more often though that's for sure - I'll even buy you a pint.