Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton 1 Brighton 0

miamiwhite

I would be surprised if they brought as many as we took there

Exactly, Brighton was a good turn out. I'd be suprised if they pull that. Is the pink pound currency weak at the mo? Edited by tomski

Guest bwfcdan

how many gayboys are actually travelling up,heard there's not too much interest off them. where's Dan the inside man when we need him ?

They'd apparently sold over 850 as of last Saturday and are expecting to being around 1,500.

Read some of there msg boards and they think there bigtime 26k at home but away support is wank very much like fulham. See a certain tomski is on there forum.

home support is the bread and butter.

26k is a good effort considering where they were ten years or so ago!

my grandad was at the above match but rarely spoke about it. a former elderly neighbour of mine in God's country was also present at the game,said he didn't even know people had died until he got home. Reckons there were 30,000+ on the Embankment alone that day

My uncle was also at the match.

Before he died from Pneumoconiosis due to years working down the pits, he refused to feel any self pity for his condition as he said he was lucky to be here. He spent most of the war years in the Middle East and said he should have died hundreds of times. He was also close to the crush on the Embankment that day, so again came close to death.

He said, every day after the disaster was a bonus to him.

A long time ago but it should never be forgotten.